These Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites are crispy and delicious shredded potato bites with the flavors of buffalo hot wings baked right in!
Do you like hot buffalo wings dipped in blue cheese dressing? Lots of people love them! And I agree that they are great, but you had better have a stack of napkins handy.
Or, you can avoid all that mess yet enjoy all of the taste with these Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites!
Lots of people think that potatoes are just another starch. Not true! Potatoes actually have a lot of nutrition. Plus they are inexpensive, so they are perfect to use in making all your snacks for the big game!
Potatoes actually have more potassium than a banana. And, one potato provides about 45% of your calcium for the day. Potatoes are gluten-free, they provide about 8% of your daily fiber requirement, and they are a good source of vitamin B6. All good reasons to serve these potato bites to your hungry football party guests!
Do you think that any kind of potato will do? Well, you would be surprised, because not only is your choice of potato important (russet, red, fingerling…and so on), but the brand you buy makes a big difference as well. Choosing Idaho® potatoes means you are getting consistent high quality and great taste in your potatoes.
The state of Idaho has rich volcanic soil, plus irrigation from the fresh, clean water running off the mountains, as well as the right climate patterns, all of which work together to produce the best growing conditions for producing amazing potatoes.
So you should always check out the origin of your potatoes and choose the ones from Idaho!
Not only that, but Idaho® potatoes are available all year long, delivering consistent great quality, texture, and taste to your dinner table.
I used Idaho® Potato russets for this recipe, which were perfect because their texture is ideal for producing bites that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I didn’t even peel them before shredding them, because even the skins are tasty!
I love this recipe for football parties. They are so easy to make, and so tasty, and the perfect finger food for people to munch while watching the big game.
But this isn’t the only game day snack you can make with Idaho potatoes! Other great ideas are unique versions of French fries (try these Green Chile Cheese Fries!), dips made with potatoes (Artichoke Spinach Potato Dip, anyone?), or even sweet and salty combinations (Potato Soft Pretzel Bites with Creamy Caramel Dip).
Potatoes are amazingly versatile. Your guests will enjoy munching any of these delicious options while cheering their team on to victory!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites
- 2 cups shredded russet Idaho® Potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the shredded potatoes in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to remove excess water. Place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, buffalo sauce, and salt. Pour the egg mixture into the potatoes and mix well.
- Mix in the blue cheese crumbles.
- Using a cookie scoop, make balls from the potato mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the outsides are brown and crispy.
- Cajun Taters & Sausage by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Football Candy by Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Potato “Wings” by Food Done Light
- Healthier Mashed Potato Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Persian Lamb Stuffed Potato Cakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Potato Salad Tortilla Bowls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pulled Pork Potato Skins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak and Potato Pizza by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buffalo Smashed Potatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Red Potatoes by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Cuban Garlic Mojo Potato Salad by Go Epicurista
- Best Potato Wedges by Moore or Less Cooking
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Potato and Chive Mini Waffles by My Life Cookbook
- Potato Blue Cheese Tartlets by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Potato Nacho Stacks by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Bacon Parmesan Potato Pavé Squares by Sunday Supper Movement
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!