These super tasty Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos are so easy to make! Hash browns, eggs, and sausage cook without fuss in the slow cooker to make this breakfast a snap.
Spoon the burrito filling out onto flour tortillas and roll for simple prep. This is a fantastic make ahead option for busy mornings, and the burritos can also be frozen and reheated!
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Next time you want something hearty and savory to shake up your breakfast routine, try these super easy make-ahead breakfast burritos! Loaded with filling ingredients and lots of flavor, this is the perfect recipe to fill you up and keep you energized throughout the day.
Super customizable and easy to prepare, this will be a guaranteed hit with even the pickiest eaters. Eggs, cheese, hash browns, and your choice of protein wrapped in a soft tortilla. What's not to love?
Pair with a Healthy Acai Smoothie for a full breakfast feast you can take on the go!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- sausage - adds some hearty protein and smoky flavor.
- frozen hash browns - I like to use hash browns with onions and peppers for pops of color and taste, but any frozen hash browns will work.
- cheddar cheese - get nice and melty and fuse everything together with cheesy goodness.
- eggs - super filling and good for you, eggs are a must for any breakfast burrito!
- milk - gives the eggs a nice fluffy consistency.
- salt and pepper - to taste.
- tortillas - for wrapping up your burritos, great for on-the go!
- Place the hash browns in the bottom of a slow cooker prepared with nonstick spray.
- Top with browned sausage.
- Add a layer of cheddar cheese.
- To a large bowl, add eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour egg mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover, then cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-3.
- Once cooked, spoon burrito filling onto tortillas in 8 even portions.
- Fold the tortillas over and serve immediately, or freeze for later!
Absolutely! If you're serving a fancy brunch or breakfast or want to allow people to serve themselves, leave the crock pot on its warmest setting to keep the burrito filling warm.
If your filling is runny, it could mean you've added too much milk to the eggs, or it may just need more time to cook. Try to avoid excess moisture from other ingredients--for example, drain the sausage after cooking and before adding to the crock pot.
Pair your burritos with fresh fruit or your favorite smoothie, a glass of juice, or even more potatoes! For brunch, you can also pair them with chips and salsa or guacamole.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- To fold slow cooker breakfast burritos so they stay sealed, there's a simple trick. Fold one end of the tortilla over the filling, then tuck in the sides before you start to roll it. Keep the sides tucked and folded in as you go, and you'll end up with a perfectly sealed burrito that won't fall apart in your hands!
- These make-ahead burritos are great to prepare right before you go to bed. You'll wake up to a delicious aroma and slow cooker burritos completely ready to serve!
📌 Crock pot burritos are a fantastic option for your next special occasion breakfast or brunch, or any time you want something a little different for breakfast. Completely customizable and always delicious!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Switch up the ingredients for your burrito filling! Use cooked bacon or ham instead of sausage, mozzarella or gruyere cheese instead of cheddar, or whatever your favorite breakfast options might be!
- You can also add additional seasonings to the egg mixture to pack your burritos with extra flavor. Paprika, garlic powder, and red peppers flakes are some of my favorites.
- For a little bit of extra zing, drizzle hot sauce over your tortilla before adding the filling and rolling.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
These burritos are excellent to make ahead and freeze so you can quickly reheat for breakfast throughout the week. Roll each tortilla, wrap in parchment paper, and store in a sealable plastic bag in the freezer
To reheat your slow cooker breakfast burritos from frozen, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight. The best way to reheat is to pop a burrito the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, but you can also use your air fryer or microwave for even faster reheating.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
If you're on the go, pair your crock pot breakfast burritos with an energizing Kiwi Banana Matcha Smoothie or a couple of these No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls! For a sit-down setting, serve your breakfast burritos with Berry Salad or a tasty Strawberry Smoothie Bowl.
✔️ More Breakfast Recipes You'll Love
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats - Great for fall but delicious any time of year, these pumpkin spice flavored overnight oats are a super tasty breakfast.
- Baked Egg Frittata with Ham - A hearty and comforting baked breakfast that's ideal for special brunches.
- Crock Pot French Toast Casserole - Another slow cooker recipe that yields sweet and fluffy french toast.
- Homemade Waffles - Life, Love and Sugar brings us this recipe for super light and yummy waffles!
Crock Pot Breakfast Burritos
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos
- 1 Slow cooker
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 32 ounces frozen hash browns with peppers and onions, thawed (1 package)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper (optional)
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage, crumbling as it cooks. Drain well.1 pound bulk sausage
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In the bottom of the slow cooker, place the hash browns. Top with the sausage and cheese.32 ounces frozen hash browns with peppers and onions, thawed, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, seasoning salt, and black pepper (if desired) until well blended. Pour over the casserole in the slow cooker.12 eggs, ½ cup milk, ½ teaspoon seasoning salt, black pepper
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 2 to 3 hours. Check the contents for doneness by inserting a knife in the middle. If the knife returns with liquid egg, cover and continue cooking until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon the egg casserole onto the flour tortillas, dividing it evenly into 8 portions.8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Fold the sides of each tortilla and then roll it up. Serve immediately or freeze/
- These can be made ahead of time and frozen. After rolling each tortilla, wrap them individually in parchment paper. Place the burritos in a gallon-size freezer bag and freeze.
- To reheat, thaw the burritos in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F until warmed through, about 20 minutes. Burritos can also be placed in the air fryer or microwave.
- Add a dash of hot sauce right before you roll up the tortillas to add some zing to your breakfast.
- Experiment with different meats, cheeses, or seasonings for flavorful variations. Some examples: You can use cooked bacon or ham for your meats, mozzarella or gruyere for your cheese, or garlic powder or paprika as seasonings. There are so many variations!
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.