Here’s a great recipe for Mother’s Day!
Of course, if you are a mother, YOU don’t want to be making this on Mother’s Day. So send this recipe to your husband and use the subject line ‘Hint hint – Mother’s Day is coming’. How many husbands do you think would take note, remember, and actually make this on Mother’s Day?
I am pretty sure mine would! He is a good guy. Just recently he threw me a surprise birthday party! It was a great party and I was COMPLETELY surprised! My whole life I wanted to have someone throw me a surprise birthday party, but it is not really something you can ask for, you know?
I did mention it indirectly a while back, however not only did I totally forget about that, but this birthday was NOT a milestone birthday for me, so it wasn’t even in the back of my mind that someone might surprise me with a party. Of course, he was thinking that the fact that it wasn’t a milestone year made it the PERFECT time to be able to actually surprise me!
Anyway, if this looks like a great Mother’s Day breakfast to you, make sure you send it to your husband or kids (if they are older and can be trusted with the Kahlua!), and hint away! OR, save the recipe for Father’s Day, and spend a fun morning with the kids cooking up this very tasty French toast as a special treat for your hubby.
Then again, why wait?!? I am going to cook some up again this weekend – YUM!
Kahlua and Cream French ToastPrint Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Kahlua (or any brand coffee liquour)
- 1/4 cup cream (can substitute milk if you don't have cream)
- 8-10 slices bread
- Chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Combine eggs, Kahlua, and cream in a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and heat on medium-high.
- Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture, coating it entirely.
- Place on the skillet and repeat for as many slices will fit.
- Cook each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat process with the remaining bread and egg mixture.
- Garnish with chopped hazelnuts when serving (if desired).
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!