Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But that doesn’t meant that it can’t be fun, too! Thing 1 and Thing 2 simply love waffles. In truth, I don’t have to do anything fancy – they will be ecstatic that I am making waffles, even if they are just plain. But they were over the moon for this fun version!
They loved it when I let them sprinkle the chocolate crispies on the waffle batter so that they could control the amount of crispy in their serving. As you can imagine, they added WAY more than I would, but a little excess is what makes this breakfast fun and special!
You can use fresh or frozen raspberries in the waffles. I tend to use the frozen because I keep a stash of them in the freezer to pull out whenever the mood strikes.
But it is always nice to garnish with fresh raspberries on top when serving! Either way, these get gobbled up before I can even pour them a glass of orange juice or milk to go with it!
Chocolate Crunch Raspberry WafflesPrint Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (thawed and roughly chopped or briefly run through the food processor)
- 1/2 cup chocolate crispy rice cereal (like Cocoa Krispies)
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
- Mix all ingredients except the raspberries and chocolate crispies together until fairly well combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- When waffle iron is ready, pour the amount of batter recommended for your waffle maker.
- Before closing the waffle iron, sprinkle about 2 tablespoons chocolate crispy rice cereal over the batter surface.You can customize with more or less than that, if desired.
- Cook until golden brown, then serve garnished with confectioner's sugar, extra crispies, and/or fresh raspberries (all optional).
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!