Want to jazz up your dessert and make it extra special? Chocolate sauce is a great way to do that! Drizzle over ice cream, cake, fruit, or even cookies to make a fun and yummy treat!
It is hard to go wrong with chocolate sauce, whether you buy it from the store or make it yourself. But my family agrees with me that this recipe produces a higher level of chocolatey deliciousness. The rich flavor is just divine!
The only problem is that now we can never go back to store-bought chocolate sauce, ha! But that is OK, because this chocolate sauce is not difficult at all to make.
The secret to making this sauce so delicious is to use coffee instead of water. It doesn’t make the sauce taste like coffee, but it adds a depth and complexity to the sauce that is a perfect complement to the sweetness of all that sugar.
And, yes, there is a lot of sugar in this. It’s a dessert, folks! Just don’t eat spoonful after spoonful of it, as hard as it might be to resist that! 🙂
Best Homemade Chocolate SaucePrint Recipe
- In a medium saucepan, mix the cocoa powder, sugar, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add the coffee and whisk until well combined.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring it to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and semisweet morsels, stirring until they are all melted.
- Allow to cool and serve over ice cream, fruit, etc.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator. It will get very thick when cold, but you can microwave it briefly to get a thinner sauce.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!