Chocolatey and crunchy, sweet and salty, Chocolate Pretzel Monkey Bread is fun to eat and a delicious dessert. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and drizzle with chocolate sauce for a delectably sweet treat!
Monkey bread is all the rage in my house these days. The boys love taking biscuit dough and coming up with all kinds of tasty ideas!
And who can blame them? The biscuit dough is a great complement for all kinds of sweet flavors, from caramel to cinnamon sugar to chocolate and more.
This one is my current favorite desert recipe because of the crunchy and salty dimensions added by the pretzels that juxtapose perfectly with the tender chewy biscuit dough. I am all about combining sweet and salty, it is one of my favorite dessert flavor combos!
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with the Best Homemade Chocolate Sauce, and you have a delectably delicious dessert that will be a huge hit with everyone who tries it!
The only problem with this monkey bread is that it only lasts about 10 minutes in my house! 😆
If you're looking for a homemade bread that's more on the savory side, check out this Cheddar Bacon Slow Cooker Bread!
For another sweet treat idea, check out this Bread Pudding Recipe. Super easy to make and delicious!
Chocolate Pretzel Monkey Bread
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
📋 Recipe Card
Chocolate Pretzel Monkey Bread
- 16.3 oz refrigerated biscuit dough (2 tubes)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1.5 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Separate the biscuits and cut each one into quarters.16.3 oz refrigerated biscuit dough
- Place the sugar and cocoa in a large ziplock bag and shake to combine.¼ cup sugar, 1.5 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add the biscuit quarters into the ziplock bag, and shake to coat.
- Spray a bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Add about ½ of the biscuit quarters to the bundt pan.
- Distribute about ½ of the pretzels and chocolate chips on top.1 cup crushed pretzels, 1.5 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pour half of the butter over the pretzels and chocolate chips.½ cup butter
- Add the remaining biscuit quarters.
- Distribute the remaining pretzels and chocolate chips on top.
- Pour the rest of the butter over the pretzels and chocolate chips.½ cup butter
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Tools used for this recipe:
Interested in some other chocolate recipes?
Easy Chocolate Raspberry Fudge
Malted Chocolate Stout Cake
Best Homemade Chocolate Sauce
Double Chocolate Crunch Cookies
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Don't forget to check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!
I LOVE this! Fast, easy, delicious and NO frosting mess!
Ok, Kristen, this one was a huge hit with my son! Made this for him and a friend and they devoured the whole monkey bread. I managed to sneak in a piece too...delicious!
Oh yay! Yeah, this one lasts about 10 minutes when my boys are home, lol. I am glad you guys liked t!
Hi Kristin your recipes are always so yummy and tasty. I love this one!
Thank you! 🙂