Today I am sharing a new cookie recipe that I developed! Now, those of you who stop by regularly may remember that I am not big into baking, so I don’t often actually develop a recipe in the baking arena. I am just not that comfortable with baking. But, I decided to try anyway, and wouldn’t you know it, I got lucky and this recipe knocked it out of the park!
I can hardly even believe how much I love these cookies. Of course, it is hard to go wrong with butter and sugar and flour mixed together, but the addition of the coffee baked in and then coated with white chocolate really rounds out the flavors and creates an elegant, festive cookie!
As I was testing this recipe, I was reminded of why I don’t bake much. If I baked treats on a regular basis, I would probably weigh at least 50 pounds more! I really do not have any will power around baked goods. But, this time of year, I figure it is OK to relax a little and enjoy some sweet treats.
Luckily, these were destined for a neighborhood cookie swap, so I was forced to refrain from eating more than 1 or 2 (or 3. OK 4… but the point is that I stopped before eating the whole batch!).
These make great gifts, too! You can package them up in a cute little basket or festive tin, and give them to teachers, neighbors, or coworkers.
White Chocolate Dipped Coffee Shortbread Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add the coffee grounds and vanilla and mix them in.
- Sift together the flour and salt, then add to the butter/sugar mixture and mix on low speed until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of plastic wrap, roll into a log about 2 to 2 and 1/2 inches in diameter, wrap well and place in the refrigerator.
- Chill for about 30 minutes, then remove from the refrigerator and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, until the edges begin to brown slightly.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt the white chocolate and crush the instant coffee into a find powder.
- Dip each cookie about halfway in the melted white chocolate, then sprinkle with the instant coffee powder.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!