This Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake is super-easy to make, yet totally decadent and amazingly delicious.
Bacon in ice cream cake? Oh yeah, we went there, and we aren't going back! And the best part about this Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake is that you don't need to turn on your oven, so it is a perfect dessert to make during the hot and steamy dog days of summer!
What I love about this is that you can choose to make your own waffle batter from scratch for an entirely homemade dessert, or you can take the busy mom shortcuts I like to use when pressed for time, and either way this treat will taste incredible!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream CakePrint Recipe
- Ingredients needed for your favorite waffle recipe (for a shortcut use a boxed waffle mix)
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon (for a shortcut buy the pre-cooked recipe pieces)
- 48 ounces anilla ice cream (1 container)
- whipped cream
- additional maple syrup for drizzling (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- Prepare a batch of waffle batter for about 3 to 4 seven-inch waffles, using the recipe instructions, except reduce the liquid being added by 1/4 cup.
- Add the maple syrup and bacon pieces to the waffle batter, and cook them in your waffle iron according to the directions for your appliance.
- When they are cooked, let them cool and then place three of the waffles in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours, until completely frozen.
- When you are ready to assemble the cake, remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it sit out for about 15 minutes to soften.
- Place about half of the ice cream in a bowl and stir it up to form a thick and paste-like consistency that is spreadable.
- Remove two of the waffles from the freezer. Spread the ice cream on one of the waffles, then top with the other waffle.
- Stir the remaining ice cream to form a thick spreadable paste-like consistency.
- Spread the remaining ice cream on the second waffle, then position the third waffle on top. Place the ice cream cake back in the freezer for at least an hour.
- To serve, let the cake sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften slightly. Add whipped cream on top. Drizzle some maple syrup and sprinkle with pecans, if desired.
In case you haven't noticed, this week's Sunday Supper event is all about WAFFLES! And who doesn't love a good waffle? With all the amazing recipes this week, you can have waffles every day of the week if you want! Many thanks to Sue Lau from A Palatable Pastime for hosting!
Check out all of this week's #SundaySupper recipes below!
Sweet and Sinful:
- Banana Split Waffle Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles by Alida's Kitchen
- Boston Cream Pie Waffles by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Cherry Beet Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Pizelles – The Italian Waffle by GirlAbroad
- Churro Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Waffles by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Dark Chocolate Waffles with Cherry Syrup by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peasy Blueberry Sauce for Waffles by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Fluffernutter Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Cream Waffles with Whiskey Strawberries by Tramplingrose
- Japanese Green Tea Matcha Cream Topped Vegan Waffles by NinjaBaker
- Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Red, White and Blueberry Sourdough Waffles by Cooking With Carlee
- S’Mores Waffles by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Banana Nut Waffles by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Waffle Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Waffle Kebobs with Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Yeasted Waffles with Peach Syrup by Pies and Plots
Savory Brinner Winners:
- Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Cheeseburger Waffles (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Bacon Waffles by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Biscuit Waffle Breakfast Stacks by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bleu Pig Potato Waffles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Breakfast Poutine Waffles by She Loves Biscotti
- Cheesy Bacon Waffles with Spicy Ketchup by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Polenta Waffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Cheesy Spinach Waffles with Ham by Wholistic Woman
- Chicken & Waffles by Family Around the Table
- Corn Waffles Nachos-Style by Caroline’s Cooking
- Croque Monsieur Waffles by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Eggs Benedict Cauliflower Waffles by Life Tastes Good
- Korean Fried Chicken and Ramen Waffles by kimchi MOM
- Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Mexican Cornbread Waffles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Cornbread Waffles with BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Sweet and Spicy Pecan Shredded Beef Waffles by Family Foodie
- Waffled Falafel Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Thanks for joining us for #SundaySupper!
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!