Here is another fun treat I am sharing as part of our Pumpkin Week celebration. These festive pumpkin cake pops are moist and delicious and so adorable! There is something about cake pops that makes even my teenage sons’ faces light up. They are just so delighted when I make cute little treats like this!
Pumpkin cake works really well with this cake pop method, because it is so moist, I only had to use a little bit of frosting to make the pops. I love how the pumpkin flavor really stands out in these bite-sized goodies.
Be sure to check out the rest of the #PumpkinWeek day 4 recipes:
- Pumpkin Almond Croissants from Love and Confections.
- Pumpkin Cake Pops from Dizzy Busy and Hungry.
- Pumpkin Carrot Cake from Making Miracles.
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Babka from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
- Pumpkin Cranberry Mini Muffins from Feeding Big and more.
- Pumpkin Dip from Gluten Free Crumbley.
- Pumpkin Fudge from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
- Pumpkin Pie Martini from The Redhead Baker.
- Pumpkin Spice Creamer from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks.
- Spicy Pumpkin Sweet Potato Chili from The Crumby Cupcake.
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Easy Pumpkin Cake PopsPrint Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spice cake mix and pumpkin. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool.
- Once the cake is cool, break it into pieces and crumble it into a large bowl.
- Add the cream cheese frosting, and mix the crumbs into it until you have a 'dough'. (I find it is easiest to just use my hands for this)
- Using a cookie dough scoop, or a spoon, scoop the dough, roll it into balls, and place on a plate or baking sheet.
- Melt about 1/4 cup of the white chocolate chips in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth and melted, then dip the ends of the cake pop sticks in the white chocolate, and insert about halfway into the cake pops.
- Place the cake pops in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes so the chocolate hardens. In the meantime, melt the rest of the white chocolate chips.
- Remove the cake pops from the freezer and dip each into the melted white chocolate. Place back on the plate or baking sheet.
- Decorate with sprinkles right away (if desired), before the white chocolate hardens.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!