So cute and easy – cookies made with only 3 ingredients and decorated to look like mummies! Happy Halloween!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These peanut butter mummy cookies are way cute. As if that weren’t enough, the cookies themselves only need THREE ingredients! Who knew that you could make peanut butter cookies with only peanut butter, sugar, and egg?
The cookies are quick and easy, and you can easily make just a few, or a dozen or two. When I was experimenting with this recipe, I made just a few at a time in the toaster oven! What delicious experiments those were. 🙂
You don’t need any special equipment for this recipe either. I didn’t use decorating tools or even cookie cutters. The only special purchase you need for these are the candy eyes!
I will confess that I had a little trouble with the white chocolate. It is harder to melt in the microwave than the semi-sweet chocolate.
I would recommend using a double boiler if you have one (or can put together a makeshift one) but if you don’t, just be aware that you may have a little bit of trouble with the white chocolate. No matter, these will be delicious either way!
Easy Peanut Butter Mummy Cookies
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Easy Peanut Butter Mummy CookiesPrint Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and place on the parchment paper.
- With the back of a spoon or a spatula, flatten the balls of dough and shape them into roughly rectangular ovals.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the surface of the cookies is no longer shiny and the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- When the cookies are completely cool, melt the semi-sweet morsels in the microwave by microwaving on 50% power, 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
- Place about a tablespoon of melted chocolate on each cookie, and spread it evenly over each, almost to the edges.
- Freeze the cookies for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate sets.
- Melt the white chocolate chips using the same technique as the semi-sweet, or for better results, use a double boiler.
- When the white chocolate is melted, pour it into a plastic bag and cut the corner of the bag.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer, and, working quickly,
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!