Can you make pumpkin cake without an oven? Yes! Make this crock pot pumpkin cake using only 3 ingredients! This is an effortless and stress-free holiday dessert that anyone can make.
Does holiday baking stress you out?
Doesn't holiday baking sound a little intimidating?
Sometimes, you just need to make a super easy 3-ingredient dessert that the slow cooker can make for you. You have more important things that need your attention.
I know, I am a little late in hopping on the pumpkin wagon this year, haha! But to me, pumpkin is good all year round
Thanks to our friends at Libby's and other food companies, we can get pure pumpkin puree and time of the year. So it would be a shame to not take advantage of that just because we aren't in the months of October or November!
Plus, this recipe is SOOOO delicious, I definitely did not want to wait until pumpkin season comes around again. And it is so incredibly easy with just three ingredients you throw into the slow cooker.
There's no fuss, hardly any cleanup, and the whole family will love it.
And if you love desserts with pumpkin, you've got to check out these Pumpkin Truffles!
Can you make pumpkin cake without an oven?
Yes! This crock pot pumpkin cake is the perfect example of making it without an oven.
During the holiday season, you know your oven gets quite a workout. Most of the time, you have 2-3 recipes cooking in it and there is not room for one more!
You could go to a neighbors house and use their oven, but, chances are that their oven is busy too.
So, I decided to get a little creative and make this pumpkin dessert in the crock pot. It also cooks the pumpkin cake evenly and turns it into a moist, flavorful Thanksgiving dessert that will have your guests licking their fingers.
If you like this crock pot pumpkin cake, you have to try my slow cooker apple pie.
Can you make crock pot pumpkin cake without eggs?
The answer is a huge YES! My pumpkin cake uses no eggs.
Instead of eggs, I put evaporated milk which really makes this recipe soft and moist. Also, the pure pumpkin I use in this recipe really helps fluff up the cake. This way, the cake is on the slightly healthier side.
Tips for baking pumpkin cake in a crock pot
- Set your crock pot to "keep warm" as you add your ingredients
- Use a crock pot liner - I didn't use one in this recipe, but, it is helpful to have the liner. This way, your cake will be easier to remove from the crock pot and easier to clean.
- Don't stir at first - After you put all the ingredients in the crock pot, set it to low and close the lid without stirring.
- Stir once an hour - If you are like me, you will feel the urge to stir constantly. Resist that urge because you want to let the cake work on its own. For this cake, I only stirred once and that was a good thing because the cake turned out to be really delicious.
- Use a toothpick - The best way to test if the cake is ready is to poke the side of the cake with a toothpick. If it comes out with crumbs, you know its ready.
This is a delicious cake by itself, but, it can be made even better by topping with these ingredients
- Vanilla or Moscato Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate sauce
- Fudge sauce
- M&M Candy (this is a kid favorite)
Tools used for this recipe:
Interested in some other pumpkin recipes?
Crock Pot Pumpkin Cake
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
3 Ingredient Crock Pot Pumpkin Cake
- 15 oz spice cake mix 1 package
- 15 oz pure pumpkin 1 can
- 14 oz evaporated milk 1 can
- Add the spice cake mix to the crock pot15 oz spice cake mix
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin and evaporated milk15 oz pure pumpkin
- Pour over the spice cake mix, but, do not mix14 oz evaporated milk
- Set crock pot to high and cook for 1 hour
- Switch crock pot setting to low and cook for 1 more hour
- Mix everything thoroughly
- Cook for an additional 1-2 hours on low, until the cake has set
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!