You’ll love this no churn Cranberry Ice Cream for its easy prep and process! You don’t need an ice cream maker to produce delicious homemade ice cream.
This unique and delicious recipe is perfect for holiday desserts, and best of all you only need 3 ingredients! No churn ice cream is beyond easy to make but this frozen treat will still impress your friends and family.
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
What if I told you it only takes 3 ingredients to make this homemade ice cream with cranberries? And not only that, it doesn't require any churning! Simple and delicious, this is a great treat to serve around the holidays or anytime you want a sweet and tart dessert.
The process is foolproof and easy and hardly takes any time, so you can prepare this cranberry flavored treat, pop it in the freezer, and have a stunning frozen treat in just a few hours!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- vanilla ice cream - using store bought vanilla ice cream is the perfect shortcut for a fast and tasty dessert.
- whole berry cranberry sauce - packs lots of sweet-tart cranberry flavor into your ice cream.
- dried cranberries - for even more cranberry goodness and a slightly different texture to keep things interesting.
- Allow the vanilla ice cream to soften a bit, then transfer to a stand mixer or large bowl.
- Mix the cranberry sauce into the ice cream until evenly distributed.
- Fold the dried cranberries into the ice cream and cranberry mixture.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture back to the container (or use a loaf pan) and freeze overnight.
There are lots of flavors that go well with cranberry! Serve this dessert after a meal of turkey, beef, or pork, or sprinkle with nuts like pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts.
This frozen treat is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but will be a big hit all throughout the holiday season. But don't let that stop you from enjoying a cold bowl of homemade ice cream with cranberries in the warmer months too!
Absolutely! If you prefer to make your own ice cream, all you have to do is make it as instructed and add the cranberry sauce and dried cranberries. Here's a great recipe for No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream, or if you have an ice cream maker try this recipe instead!
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- This ice cream tastes great on top of other desserts like pumpkin pie or apple pie.
- The longer you allow the ice cream to soften before mixing, the easier it will be to mix in the ingredients. Don't worry, you're going to end up re-freezing it anyway!
- Allow the ice cream plenty of time to set up again in the freezer. I recommend leaving it overnight if possible, but in a pinch it should be good to go in a few hours.
📌 Make this homemade ice cream with cranberries as a fun and frozen holiday treat. It makes a great accompaniment to lots of holiday meals and desserts, and with only 3 ingredients, it doesn't get much easier! A great way to use leftover cranberry sauce!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- For additional flavor and variety of texture, top your ice cream with walnuts, white chocolate chips, pecans, hazelnuts, or almonds. You could even mix some of these ingredients right into the ice cream!
- To create an extra layer of warm and earthy flavor, add in some allspice when mixing your ice cream.
- Brighten up the flavor by including a tablespoon or two of fresh citrus zest. Orange works great!
🥫 Storage and Reheating
Keep your ice cream covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the freezer for the longest shelf life. It should last up to 2 months (if your family doesn't eat it all before then!).
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
Before you have dessert, make sure you serve a filling and healthy main course! Serve your no churn cranberry ice cream after a hearty meal of Crock Pot Turkey Legs or Crock Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Soup, or pair it with this easy One Pot Sausage and Couscous or a simple Chicken Tray Bake with Potatoes.
✔️ More Ice Cream Recipes You'll Love
- Easy Cherry Ice Cream - Another fresh and fruity ice cream that features graham crackers as a "crust"-like ingredient!
- Cookies and Cream No Churn Ice Cream - This no churn ice cream includes crushed chocolate sandwich cookies for a classic ice cream flavor.
- Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake - Who said you can't have ice cream for breakfast? This easy to make ice cream cake is best served for dessert, but don't let that stop you from sneaking a little piece the next morning!
- Pumpkin Ice Cream - This recipe from The Cookie Rookie is your new favorite fall ice cream!
Homemade Ice Cream with Cranberries
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Cranberry Ice Cream
- 48 ounces vanilla ice cream
- 14 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Let the vanilla ice cream melt just slightly. Place in a bowl or mixer.48 ounces vanilla ice cream
- Add in cranberry sauce and mix well.14 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- Add in cranberries and fold into the ice cream.1 cup dried cranberries
- Place the ice cream back into the container, or into a loaf pan, and freeze overnight.
- Top with walnuts, pecans, or even white chocolate chips to make this dessert extra special.
- Stir in some allspice for an earthy, warm layer of flavor.
- Add in a tablespoon or two of orange zest for a brightened up flavor.
- Place a scoop on top of pumpkin or apple pie to serve!
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.