Easy to assemble on busy mornings, and tastier than frozen versions!
Mornings can be crazy, right?
You are half-awake (if you're lucky!), trying to get yourself ready, get the kids ready, give everyone a good breakfast, make sure everyone has matching shoes, get them out of the house on time...you know the drill!
It can be quite a challenge and I will admit that lots of days do not start out all that great for me.
That's why I love these breakfast sandwiches. They are especially important now that I have teenage boys who really should to eat a good breakfast but need a little more incentive than cold cereal offers.
You can cook the eggs any way you like, but my kids like for me to beat them (the eggs, not the kids!) and then cook them up into little circles so that they sit nicely on the waffles.
So I used these cool little silicone egg rings (picture below) to make them come out perfectly round!
That also works out well because I combine the bacon in with the egg mixture for ease of assembling and eating.
The rings are easy to use, and I can make a bunch of egg rounds on the weekend and just pull them out of the fridge during the week to assemble the sandwiches.
And by the way, these sandwiches are great for later in the day, too. The kids light up when they hear we are having these for dinner. Serve them alongside a fresh fruit salad, and you have a meal that is a little different from the usual fare to enjoy at the end of the day!
And, one last note, if you are thinking of getting some of those silicone egg rings, maybe it will help you take the plunge if I point out that they have other uses, too.
You can use them for pancakes, burgers, or even to make crab cakes, salmon cakes, or veggie patties!
By the way, if you're looking for something to serve alongside these sandwiches, I recommend trying these Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, or even these Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Simple Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
📋 Recipe Card
Simple Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons bacon pieces (shortcut: buy the pre-cooked recipe pieces)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 prepared waffles (shortcut: use frozen waffles)
Cook the egg rounds:
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork until the yolks and whites are combined. Add the bacon pieces and stir to combine. If you like, you can also add a little salt and pepper.4 eggs, 4 tablespoons bacon pieces
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high.
- Place the silicone egg rings in the skillet and allow them to heat for a minute.
- Carefully pour a little of the egg mixture into each ring and wait for a minute for it to cook. (This is what creates a 'seal' so it doesn't leak from underneath when you pour the rest in.)
- Distribute the rest of the egg mixture among the 4 rings and cook until done (once they are almost done, I remove the egg ring and flip the egg round to cook a little more on the top side.)
- If you are making these ahead of time, you can wrap them in plastic and store in the fridge (I have yet to try freezing them)
Assemble the sandwiches:
- Heat the waffles in the microwave or toaster oven.8 prepared waffles
- Heat the egg rounds (if needed) in the microwave.
- Place 4 waffles on a tray and cover each with a slice of cheese.4 slices American cheese
- Place an egg round on top of each slice of cheese, then top with the remaining 4 waffles.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!
What an amazing idea! And such a clever idea with the waffles!! What a fun breakfast….or dessert!!
Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing at the #InspirationSpotlight Pinned & sharing
What a great idea! I just whipped up one for my son for breakfast. He added a little syrup on top. Thanks for sharing with us at Throwback Thursday. Pinned!
Jessy @ The Life Jolie
Yum- what a simple and delicious way to start your day!
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
On the run breakfast - I like it! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up and don’t forget to leave a comment at the party – Next week’s features that also leave a comment get pinned and tweeted!