This Healthy Acai Smoothie is a quick and simple way to enjoy something filling and nutritious without sacrificing flavor. Typically enjoyed in the form of an acai smoothie bowl, acai can also be used in easy healthy smoothie recipes like this one!
All you need is acai puree, almond milk (or substitute), a few other ingredients, and a blender to make this smoothie jam-packed with antioxidants and other nutrients. It’s a great option for after school, after work, or any time of day where you need a quick boost!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Sometimes you're craving something sweet for breakfast, but you also want to make a choice that nourishes you and fills you up.
With the rise of acai bowls, people have come to realize how delicious and good for you this fruit is, but you can also enjoy it in a way that's portable and perfect for on-the-go enjoyment.
Best of all, this acai smoothie only requires 5 ingredients. This is the best smoothie when you need something healthy, filling, and no-fuss!
Pair your smoothie with these delicious Matcha Muffins for a healthy, amazing way to start your day.
Of course, if you want to hop on the smoothie bowl craze, you could try one of these Strawberry Smoothie Bowls. Otherwise, enjoy one of these healthy acai smoothies!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- acai puree - these frozen acai packets make it beyond easy to put together these healthy smoothies.
- coconut water - serves as the base of your smoothie and provides extra hydration and electrolytes.
- almond milk - adds some thickness to your smoothie; you can really use any regular or non-dairy milk here.
- avocado - creates a thick, creamy texture and adds healthy fats.
- coconut oil - helps your body process the carbs in the smoothie for energy that lasts longer!
- Combine the acai puree, coconut water, almond milk, avocado, and coconut oil in a blender. (Use a high-speed blender if you have it.) You may need to run the puree under some hot water to get it out of the packet.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Yes, they have lots of natural antioxidants, as well as healthy fatty acids and fiber!
Acai berries, which are native to South America, are high in antioxidants, specifically kinds that are known to improve brain health and memory. They've also been shown to reduce the risk of heart attacks and their healthy fats support general heart health. Acai is also thought to be helpful in anticancerous aspects.
Fruit is always a good option, though adding too much fruit will ramp up the calories, carbs, and sugars in your smoothie. It's almost always a good idea to throw in a handful of spinach or kale to your smoothie, and something like Greek yogurt for protein.
It depends on what you're putting in your smoothies. If you have a lot of sugary smoothies that are heavy on fruits or added sweeteners, this may lead to elevated blood sugar if consumed daily. Healthy smoothies with a good balance of ingredients are a much more viable option for daily consumption and can even lead to weight loss, especially if you're committed to choosing nutrient-dense foods and avoiding adding sweeteners or ingredients with too much sugar.
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- Acai is also sold in powdered form. If using the acai powder, substitute about 1 tablespoon for 1 packet of acai puree. Feel free to add more if you want more of the acai flavor.
- Not sure where to get frozen acai puree? You can find it at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and it is often available at other grocery stores as well.
- If you want some extra thickness, add frozen fruit like banana or berries.
- You can omit the coconut oil and coconut water if desired. Just be sure to add extra milk to account for the missing liquid.
- Pouring this acai berry smoothie into mason jars and topping with some blueberries or granola is one of my favorite ways to serve this healthy smoothie!
This acai smoothie is a fantastic option when you want a healthy smoothie that's still thick and sweet and fills you up. Make it for breakfast, a substantial snack in the afternoon, or a light, healthy meal!
- If you don't mind the color, throw in some spinach or kale to take this healthy smoothie to the next level of green smoothies!
- This recipe can be modified to make a smoothie bowl instead. Aim for a thicker base and pour into a bowl, then top with things like chia seeds, nut butters, dark chocolate, cacao nibs, granola, and fresh fruit.
- Mixing in an ingredient like hemp seeds or flax seeds can increase the amount of fiber and lead to a healthier digestive system.
- Looking for more protein? Add in a scoop of protein powder!
- For even stronger acai flavor, use some acai juice in your smoothie.
🍳 Healthy Breakfast Dishes
For a healthy meal in the morning, try Strawberry or Pumpkin Overnight Oats, which are delicious and will keep you feeling full all day! These No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls are fantastic for when you're running out the door and need something quick. If you have a little more time in the mornings, put together a savory Baked Egg Frittata with Ham.
🥤 More Smoothie Recipes You'll Love
- Kiwi Banana Matcha Smoothie - A sweet and refreshing drink that has an extra caffeine boost from the matcha powder.
- Apple Cider Smoothie - If you like apple cider and the fall, this is the best smoothie for you!
- Mango Lassi - While not strictly a smoothie, this creamy yogurt drink has many of the same ingredients and textures with some interesting and delicious Indian flavors.
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie - This classic smoothie from Gimme Some Oven is one that every smoothie enjoyer should have in their repertoire!
While we're on the topic of healthy beverages, are you aware of the benefits of using matcha powder in tea and other recipes? Check out this article What Does Matcha Taste Like to find out more about this beneficial green tea powder and all it's different uses!
Best Acai Smoothie Recipe
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Easy Healthy Acai Smoothie
- ½ cup acai puree (1 100g packet)
- 1 ½ cups coconut water
- ½ cup almond milk (or any regular or non-dairy milk)
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Run the packet of frozen acai puree under warm water to loosen it up. Squeeze out the puree into the blender.½ cup acai puree
- Add the coconut water, almond milk, avocado, and coconut oil. Blend and enjoy!1 ½ cups coconut water, ½ cup almond milk, ½ avocado, 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- For extra sweetness or thickness, add some frozen banana or a small handful of frozen berries.
- Skip the coconut water and the coconut oil if desired. Replace the coconut water with extra almond milk.
- You can use powdered acai instead of puree; just substitute about 1 tablespoon of powder for 1 packet of acai puree.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks so much for reading! I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
And you might want to check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!
I'm not sure why, but I've never thought to add avocado to a smoothie. And, I didn't know you could purchase acai puree like this. Going to try this soon!
Made this for breakfast this morning and it turned out great! Love how sweet it was without needing any added sugar too!
Love how simple this smoothie recipe is! And so delicious!
This smoothie sounds marvelous! Love how healthy it is too.