Start your morning right with these fantastic strawberry overnight oats. A simple, but delicious make ahead breakfast with creamy oats and fresh berries.
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love Strawberry Overnight Oats
I love oats, and I love starting my day with a whole bowl full of them. They are filling, healthy and nutritious, but most importantly: they taste great.
Overnight oats are perfect if you prefer to enjoy your oats chilled, or if you simply don't have time to cook in the morning. They are also an excellent make ahead meal prep breakfast, as you can prepare them several days in advance.
I often make my blueberry overnight oats and chocolate overnight oats, but these strawberry chilled oats may be my absolute favorite!
So if you're looking for a simple, easy, delicious, refreshing breakfast that will keep you satisfied for hours - this is definitely it.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- Strawberries - Fresh, in-season berries are by far the best choice here.
- Milk - Use your favorite, such as cow's milk, oat milk or almond milk
- Greek yogurt - Make the oats extra creamy.
- Honey - Adds a little sweetness. You can also use agave nectar or maple syrup.
- Rolled oats - I prefer rolled oats to quick cook oats, as they give overnight oats a much better texture.
- Slice or cut the strawberries however you like them. I like to dice mine into smaller chunks.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl. The oats will resemble a very watery oatmeal - this is the correct consistency.
- Place the oats in a sealed container, and refrigerate them for at least 8 hours, or ideally overnight. The oats will absorb the liquid overnight and soften.
- Give the oats a little stir, and serve. Overnight oats can be enjoyed chilled, or you can pop them in a microwave for a minute if you prefer them warm. You can optionally add some toppings such as fresh strawberries or granola.
No. Steel cut oats are too tough for overnight oats, and require cooking.
Yes! You can add whole, diced, or mashed fruit to overnight oats. The fruit add a lovely flavor to the oats, as well as additional vitamins and fiber.
Absolutely. Overnight oats are rich in fiber and protein, and contain lots of vitamins and minerals. They are an excellent option for a healthy breakfast.
Looking for a boost of protein in your oatmeal? Try making these Overnight Oats With Protein Powder!
💭 Top Tips
- Not much of a breakfast person? Bring your overnight oats to work and enjoy them as a late morning snack.
- These oats are also perfect as an after school snack for your kids!
- You can store overnight oats in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy the oats cold, or warm them up in a microwave for a minute.
- Alternatively, you can make the oats plain without strawberries added, and only add the berries when serving the oatmeal. This method will allow you to store the overnight oats in a refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Make a big batch, and store the strawberry oats in portion sized containers or mason jars. They are perfect as grab and go breakfasts for busy weeks!
- Make the overnight oats gluten free by using gluten free rolled oats.
- You can also make the recipe dairy free or vegan by using vegan milk and yogurt substitutes.
- Not a fan of strawberries? Replace them with raspberries, blackberries or currants!
Overnight oats are much better with toppings in my opinion! Here are some of my favorites:
🍞 Additional Breakfast Recipes
Here are a few more breakfast ideas for you!
- Pan Fried Banana Breakfast Recipe
- Slow Cooker Maple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Apple Butter Gingerbread Loaf
- Crock Pot French Toast Casserole
Strawberry Overnight Oats
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag #dizzybusyandhungry on Instagram.
📋 Recipe Card
Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup strawberries
- Cut the strawberries however you like them, either in large chunks or smaller pieces.1 cup strawberries
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl to form a very watery oatmeal.1 cup rolled oats, 1 cup milk, 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey
- Transfer the oats to a container, and store it in a refrigerator for at least 8 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Remove the oats from the refrigerator, give it a stir, and serve the oat cold. Alternatively, you can warm them up in a microwave for a minute if you prefer warm oats.
- Store the overnight oats in a sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serve the oats with your favorite toppings, such as granola, chocolate chips, or sliced strawberries.
- Feel free to use any milk you like, such as cow's milk, oat milk or almond milk.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Tonje is the owner of Hintofhealthy.com, where she shares easy and healthy everyday recipes. Follow her on Facebook or Instagram for more family friendly meal inspiration.
This looks great. Sometimes I get so busy in the morning I never get around to making a proper breakfast. Having this ready to go in the fridge sounds like a great option. Thank you!
I make oatmeal almost every morning, but I rarely make overnight oats. This one sounds perfect, I am definitely giving this a go when strawberries go in season 🙂
This is my new go-to breakfast. It was so yummy and filling.
Love overnight oats! Yours looks amazing, especially with those toppings. Such a great start to the day.
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry
Overnight oats are one of my favourite breakfasts and this sounds so delicious! Perfect for a tasty breakfast the next morning.