Make this Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple French Toast and wake up to the enticing aroma of this warm and hearty breakfast that is sure to give your family a great morning. It’s great as a breakfast-for-dinner dish, too!
Hey, all you breakfast-makers out there! Moms, Dads, whoever you are, if you make breakfast for your family in the morning, you probably love recipes like this where you can get everything set the night before and wake up to a hot breakfast just waiting for you!
I confess, I am not a much of a breakfast-maker myself. Breakfast around here is always an ‘every man for himself’ proposition. Years ago, as soon as the boys achieved enough coordination to be able to pour their own cereal and milk, I got myself out of the breakfast-making game (woohoo!).
I even helped the process along by putting out bowls of cereal the night before and placing small cups of milk in the refrigerator where the boys could easily reach them. But, this kind of recipe brings out the breakfast-maker in me, since I can do the work the night before and have a hot, delicious breakfast waiting for me in the morning.
And I can’t neglect to mention that I am a HUGE proponent of breakfast for dinner! Eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, omelettes – you name a breakfast food and I will tell you that we have had it for dinner. Sooooo, sometimes I put this together in the morning and then serve it for dinner!
Can you imagine Apple Cranberry French Toast just waiting for you after a long, tiring day??? Life does not get much better than that! 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Cranberry Apple French Toast
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple French ToastPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds French bread
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or regular milk)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free half & half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar (or granulated Splenda)
- 2 Gala apples (or your favorite type), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (plus additional for garnish, if desired)
- Cut the bread into approximately 1 inch cubes.
- Spray the slow cooker with coking spray, and add the bread.
- Add the apples and cranberries and mix slightly.
- Using a whisk or hand mixer, combine the milk, eggs, half & half, vanilla, cinnamon, syrup, and sugar.
- Pour mixture over the bread cubes in the slow cooker, using a spoon to make sure all the bread get soaked.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
If you need more than 5-6 hours of sleep (like me!), hopefully there is a night owl in your family (my husband) who can turn the crock pot on for you before they go to bed.
Looking for other slow cooker breakfast recipes?
Or you can find slow cooker cinnamon rolls, slow cooker scrambled eggs, and more in this round-up of 16 slow cooker breakfast recipes!
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!