This recipe originally appeared as a contributor post on Anyonita Nibbles.
You are going to love these moist, citrus-y, delicious Mango Muffins that can brighten even a rainy and dreary morning!
By the way, you can make a double batch and freeze them to keep on hand for a great grab-and-go breakfast – perfect for those teenagers who just can’t seem to get out of bed on time (not that we have any of those in this house!)
Mango MuffinsPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups mango (diced or pulsed in a food processor or thawed frozen mango)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons decorating sugar (large granules)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine both flours, salt, baking powder and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and orange extracts and oil together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the mango carefully.
- Fill muffin liners placed in a cupcake tin until nearly full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with almond and icing sugar.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Head on over to Anyonita Nibbles to see the full post!
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!