Mango muffins are tender, citrus-y, and delicious. They are a great snack and an even better breakfast. These muffins will brighten even a rainy, dreary morning!
This recipe originally appeared as a contributor post on Anyonita Nibbles.
Muffins are such a fun breakfast. And they are a great after school snack as well. I used whole wheat flour in these muffins to give them that extra-boost of fiber and nutrition!
The mango adds a fruity sweetness so the kids won't even know they are getting some extra nutrition in there. Score one for mom! 🙂
By the way, you can make a double batch and freeze them to keep on hand for a great grab-and-go breakfast - perfect for those teenagers who just can't seem to get out of bed on time (not that we have any of those in this house!)
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups plain flour (all-purpose)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs (large)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 ½ cups mango (diced or pulsed in a food processor or thawed frozen mango)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons decorating sugar (large granules)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine both flours, salt, baking powder and granulated sugar in a large bowl.1 ½ cups whole wheat flour, 1 ½ cups plain flour, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 cup granulated sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and orange extracts and oil together in a separate bowl.1 cup buttermilk, 2 eggs, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon orange extract, ½ cup canola oil
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the mango carefully.1 ½ cups mango
- Fill muffin liners placed in a cupcake tin until nearly full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with almond and icing sugar.¼ cup sliced almonds, 2 tablespoons decorating sugar
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!