This Mango Lassi Recipe is the perfect easy recipe for when you are in the mood for a mango drink that is creamy, fruity, and refreshing. Keep mango cubes in the freezer so you can make one of these delicious Indian yogurt drinks in just minutes!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
If you love smoothies, you're going to love this mango drink. A lassi is a drink that comes from the Indian subcontinent and is typically a mixture of yogurt and fruit, and often has additional sweeteners as well.
This yields a beverage that is both light and fruity as well as thick and creamy. It makes for the perfect treat when the weather is warm, and it's so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients!
Once you try this mango lassi recipe, you'll find yourself keeping frozen mango around at all times so you can whip one up when the craving hits.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- mango - chopped into chunks and then frozen is the best way to prepare your mango; this way, your beverage is cold and has a nice, thick texture.
- yogurt - plain yogurt is your best bet for the first time you make this mango drink, but feel free to experiment with other flavors of yogurt.
- honey - adds a nice touch of natural sweetness.
- lemon juice - balances out the fruity mango and the creaminess of the yogurt.
- toppings - milk and certain kinds of nuts are perfect to use as garnish--more ideas below!
- Place the mango in the blender with the honey, lemon juice, and yogurt.
- Blend until smooth, adding a liquid like water or milk as needed until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve with whichever toppings you like!
A mango lassi recipe typically consists of yogurt and either mango pulp or fresh or frozen mango cubes. You can also add sugar or some kind of sweetener like honey or agave for additional sweetness.
This mango drink is a great source of probiotics from the yogurt, which will help promote balance in gut bacteria, which can aid in digestion. Probiotics have also been linked to weight loss and improved immune function.
Technically, the possibilities are endless! Many types of lassi are made with fruit, but there are varities like mint lassi, chocolate lassi, and salty lassi as well.
Your mango lassi will be good for about a day in the fridge, but it's better enjoyed fresh out of the blender when it's still cold and the texture is perfect.
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- For the smoothest and quickest results, use a high quality blender. I recommend this blender.
- If you're using fresh mango, be sure that the mango is ripe and sweet, otherwise your lassi may be too tart and you'll have to go overboard with the sweetener.
- To keep your lassi colder for longer, feel free to pour it over some ice cubes.
- Ingredients with full fat are best for this mango drink; they'll result in the best texture.
- You can freeze your mango lassi in ice cubes trays or popsicle molds if you'd like to serve it later as a frozen treat.
Chop your mango cubes and pop them in the freezer or fridge ahead of time. That way, whenever you get a craving for this mango drink, you can just pull them out and throw them in the blender with the other ingredients. So quick and tasty!
- One of the ways to customize this drink is to change up the toppings. For something simple but flavorful, sprinkle some cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom over top.
- If you're looking for more texture, top with nuts like almonds, pistachios, or cashews.
- Some other flavorful garnishes and mix-ins are mint leaves, vanilla extract, agave, honey, rose water, and saffron.
- Even something like chocolate shavings would be a flavorful and delicious topping for this mango drink.
🥗 Suggested Serving Companions
This mango drink makes for a fantastic addition to a breakfast or brunch. Try serving it with this Baked Egg Frittata with Ham, or for a sweeter option pair it with Crock Pot French Toast Casserole or Banana Cinnamon French Toast. The fruity flavors would make for a delicious combination!
🍹 More Fruity Drink Recipes
- Kiwi Banana Matcha Smoothie - Another sweet and fruity recipe, this smoothie has green tea powder for an extra boost of energy.
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade - If you've ever found yourself craving one of these sweet and tangy drinks on a Sunday, now you'll know how to make it for yourself!
- Frozen Strawberry Basil Margaritas - Looking for something boozy? These strawberry margaritas are fantastic for sipping out on the porch on a summer evening.
Mango Lassi Recipe
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Mango Lassi Recipe
- 1 mango, chopped into chunks and frozen (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup plain yogurt (regular or low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh or from concentrate)
- milk, almonds, other garnishes/toppings (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in the blender.1 mango, chopped into chunks and frozen, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Blend until smooth. Add milk or water, a little at a time, as needed for blending.
- Serve garnished with almonds, pistachios, cardamom, or other toppings (see recipe notes).milk, almonds, other garnishes/toppings
- There are lots of options for garnishes! Here are a few:
- almonds, pistachios, cashews
- cardamom powder, cinnamon
- saffron, mint leaves
- additional honey, agave
- Be sure to use sweet, ripe fruit for this mango drink if you're using fresh mango.
- Chop your mango ahead of time and store in the fridge or freezer for easy prep.
- Freeze your mango lassi in ice cube tray or popsicle molds for a creamy, frozen treat.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!