Pumpkin Apple Butter Pancakes are scrumptious pancakes sweetened with apple butter and packed with pumpkin-y goodness! They are filling, delicious, nutritious, and a perfect breakfast-for-dinner idea!
Today’s recipe is for PANCAKES! Oh, how we love pancakes in this house. It is practically an obsession.
I don’t serve them all that often because we would all be as big as houses if I did! They are so delicious and fun to eat, it is very difficult to limit ourselves to just 2 or 3 each. So, when we do have them, I try to make it count!
This idea for Pumpkin Apple Butter Pancakes started as I was digging around my pantry and found a lonely, unused can of pumpkin in the back corner. I had forgotten all about it!
The kids were hungry, I was tired, and we needed something fast, so as I considered my options, pancakes jumped to the front of the line.
The kids were practically drooling as I made this batter. (Teenage boys…they are constantly FAMISHED, haha!) The nice thing about pumpkin is that is adds a lot of fiber, so it will help them feel full longer (very important with teenage boys!).
And of course, it also contributes a ton of vitamin A, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and potassium. In addition, I used white whole wheat flour for even more fiber, and I also added about ¾ cup of apple butter to enhance the sweetness and provide more depth to the pancake flavors. They turned out absolutely scrumptious!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Pumpkin Apple Butter PancakesPrint Recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the pumpkin, apple butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg, and stir to combine.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together (result will be slightly lumpy).
- Spray a griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium. Pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until edges start to look dry and the pancakes start to bubble. Then flip and cook on the other side.
- Top with a sprinkling of chopped pecans and serve with pure maple syrup.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!