With all these winter storms this year, we have had plenty of family time together. In fact, maybe a little too much! 🙂 To keep us from getting on each others’ last nerves, we need to keep busy on snow days and work together on projects once in a while, rather than everyone doing something different and getting in each others’ way all the time.
Making treats together is always a fun project for the family! Although Thing 1 loves to work in the kitchen, Thing 2 is happier in front of the computer or XBox, so sometimes it takes a bit of convincing to get him to participate in a cooking activity.
But, when there is the promise of a sweet treat at the end of the project, I can usually get Thing 2 on board pretty easily!
I found a great recipe for strawberry fudge and wanted to try it to see if it was as good as it looked. It was! I love this recipe because the only cooking involved is done in the microwave, and the ingredient list is totally manageable for a project with the kids, even younger ones.
It only takes a few minutes to make so they won’t get tired in the middle and leave you to finish up by yourself! Plus, with Valentine’s Day coming up really soon, it is a very timely treat and you can even make a double batch to send into school for a classroom Valentine’s Day party.
It is amazingly easy to make and SOOOOOO good. Next time we make it, I may do a double batch, all for us!
I think you will not be surprised to learn that Thing 2’s rating of this recipe was 5 biscuits out of 5! Too bad we can’t count it as a serving of fruit, haha! 🙂
Recipe adapted from CookiesAndCups.com.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Super Easy Strawberry Fudge
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Super Easy Strawberry FudgePrint Recipe
- Spray an 8x8 dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the strawberry frosting and strawberry extract thoroughly. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, on 50% power, stirring often, until smooth.
- When the chips are completely melted, stir in the strawberry frosting and the sprinkles and mix well.
- Spread the fudge batter in the 8x8 dish. Top with additional sprinkles if desired.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.
- Makes approximately 12-16 fudge squares, depending on the size you cut.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!