Smooth, velvety, and bursting with fruity flavor, this Strawberry Mousse is ideal for Valentine’s Day or any special dessert. Fresh strawberries add lots of flavor and sweetness to the whipped cream.
An irresistible treat, this mousse is delicious on its own or as a topping for other desserts. With only three ingredients, anybody can make this elegant and romantic dessert!
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It doesn't get much simpler than this 3-ingredient easy strawberry dessert! When you need a fast and reliable treat in a snap, just break out the blender and some cream, sugar, and strawberries.
Delicious on its own or as a topping or layer in other desserts, this easy mousse recipe is a foolproof treat that even a beginner can pull off. You'll love this fruity dessert on Valentine's Day, date night, for an anniversary dinner, or as a sweet reward for yourself!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- fresh strawberries - provide a gorgeous pink color and their signature fresh flavor.
- sugar - adds the perfect amount of sweetness to highlight the naturally sweet strawberry.
- heavy whipping cream - ensures that this easy mousse recipe yields a thick and creamy dessert.
- Cut the green stems off the berries, then place in a blender or food processor with sugar.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in strawberry puree, then transfer to serving dishes or a small bowl and top with additional fresh berries if desired.
The real secret to this recipe is ensuring that you whip the cream enough. It may take some time to get it to the point where the peaks are stiff, but it will make this dessert perfectly creamy and delicious.
No, not always! Some traditional mouse recipes contain egg whites to get their creamy texture, but this strawberry mousse can be made with just sugar, heavy cream, and your berries.
For this strawberry mousse, the whipped heavy cream is the stabilizing agent. If you find your mousse is too thin or seems to be falling apart, you may need to spend more time whipping the cream before folding in the strawberry puree.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- If possible, use an electric mixer or stand mixer to whip your cream. It takes a lot of effort to get stiff peaks when whipping by hand!
- Stiff peaks (or firm peaks) are achieved when your whipped cream can stand up completely straight on its own. If you're feeling confident, flip the bowl upside down to check--if your cream has reached stiff peaks, it won't fall out of the bowl!
- The cream is whipped purposefully without sugar. Your strawberry mixture will add just the right amount of sweetness, while the cream is there to provide a rich and smooth base.
📌 Make this easy strawberry dessert and serve alone or layer with fresh fruit, crumbles of cake, or chocolate candies! This is a fantastic treat and a super easy recipe that's easy to make but will always impress.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Use frozen strawberries instead of fresh if it's more convenient! Just be sure to let the strawberries thaw a bit in the fridge to ensure a creamier dessert.
- For additional garnishes, use more whipped cream, sprigs of mint, a scoop of additional strawberry puree, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce. You could even dust with a bit of powdered sugar.
- This recipe can easily be modified by using another kind of berry or fruit instead of strawberries, like blueberries or raspberries. You could also stir in melted chocolate to the whipped cream instead of a berry puree for a simple chocolate mousse. If you're ambitious, make different kinds of mousse and layer them together for an even tastier dessert!
Keep your mousse in the fridge for up to 4 days. Cover with plastic wrap to avoid drying out. Mousse can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Be sure to thaw your mousse in the fridge before serving again.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
Make a full blown romantic dinner with your fluffy strawberry mousse as dessert!
✔️ More Dessert Recipes You'll Love
- Easy Chocolate Raspberry Fudge - Another 3-ingredient dessert that combines the flavors of raspberry and chocolate in a decadent fudge.
- Cookie Cups with Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling - For another Valentine's dessert, make these adorable sugar cookie cups with a fruity filling!
- Strawberry Cream Filling for Chocolates - Homemade truffles are the perfect edible gift for the loved ones in your life.
- Strawberry Lemon Popsicles - Looking for a way to beat the heat? These sugar free frozen treats from Stay Snatched are the perfect way to cool down on hot days!
Easy Mousse Recipe
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Fresh Strawberry Mousse
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- extra fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Hull the berries by removing the green cap. Place the strawberries and the sugar into a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. Reserve ½ cup of the resulting puree.12 ounces fresh strawberries, ½ cup sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Then gently fold in the strawberry puree.1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Distribute the reserved strawberry puree into two serving glasses and then top with the strawberry mousse. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries if desired.extra fresh strawberries for garnish
- Frozen strawberries can be used instead of fresh. Let the strawberries thaw in the fridge before blending them. This will give the mousse a smoother consistency.
- Store leftover mousse covered with plastic wrap for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Additional garnish ideas: extra whipped cream or a few sprigs of fresh mint.
- No need to add sugar to the whipping cream - the sweetness of the puree is sufficient. The whipped cream's purpose is to make the mousse smooth and light.
- Variation: Swap out the strawberries for another berry or fruit or melted chocolate to create different flavored mousses. (You can mix and match as well! For example, fold melted chocolate into one half of the whipped cream and strawberry puree in the other, then layer into the serving glass to create a Neapolitan or dark chocolate strawberry mousse.)
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.