I love easy chicken recipes, especially when they result in a tasty dinner that the whole family absolutely loves! And it doesn't get any easier or more delicious than this chicken cordon bleu, made in one skillet and ready in 25 minutes or less!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
So, I have some exciting news! My beautiful friend Lisa, who blogs over at Jersey Girl Cooks, has her very own cookbook, Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners, coming out on August 14th, 2018. I had the opportunity to review an advance copy, and I have to tell you, I am SO excited about all these recipes!
While the book is directed toward beginner cooks, it really is a great resource for anyone who loves easy recipes with 5 ingredients or less. So this is perfect for busy parents as well, or really anyone who loves to eat but doesn't want to spend a whole lot of time food shopping and preparing meals!
Not only that, there are tons of tips and techniques in the book, which will help build skills for any budding cooks, or just serve as good supplements for those of us who have been cooking for a while but maybe never picked up on some of these tidbits.
There really is something for everyone in this book!
I wanted to share this recipe, One-Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu, from the book with you, because I tried it and it is AMAZING.
So yummy! Even Thing 2 had to admit that this was an outstanding dish!
I love how Lisa simplified this dish by eliminating all the fussy details in the traditional presentation, such as rolling up the ham and cheese with the chicken and applying a bread crumb coating, yet all the deliciousness is preserved.
In all honesty, however, the absolute BEST part for me was the easy cleanup. This chicken cordon bleu is prepared using ONE SKILLET. No other pots or pans are involved!
And from start to finish, it only took me 20 minutes to get dinner on the table. WOOHOO!
Need I say more? I think not. You need to make this chicken dish! AND, you need to get this cookbook for lots of other easy, delicious, family-friendly recipes.
One-Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
One-Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 pound total)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (I actually used mozzarella since my boys prefer it to Swiss)
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasoned salt.4 thin chicken cutlets, 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Heat enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is golden.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove the chicken from the pan, reduce the heat to medium, and add the chicken broth, half-and-half, and dried parsley to the pan. Scrape the pan with a spatula and stir well to deglaze. Cook for a few minutes, until the sauce starts to simmer.1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth, 2 tablespoons half-and-half, 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon some sauce on top of each piece. Top each with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook on low for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese melts.4 slices deli ham, 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Serve the sauce with the chicken.
More tasty chicken recipes!
If you are looking for other easy chicken recipes, you should check out my Baked Breaded Lemon Chicken, which has a bright, lemony flavor and a crispy breadcrumb coating, and is also super-easy to make.
Another chicken family-favorite is my Chicken Potato Bake, which consists of potatoes tossed in garlic and olive oil and baked to a golden brown with tender, juicy chicken thighs.
But, if I had to narrow it down to one chicken dish that my family continuously requests, I would have to say my Chicken Pot Pie wins every single time. Filled with veggies and a creamy sauce and sporting a flaky crust, it uses simple ingredients and is ready in 35 minutes. Definitely pop any of these suggestions on to your list to try soon!
Tools used for this recipe:
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!