Make this Air Fryer Orange Glazed Salmon for a quick and easy weeknight meal! Ready in just 20 minutes, this dish uses honey, soy sauce, and orange juice for a delicious and slightly sweet salmon.
It’s so easy to make and cooks perfectly in the air fryer. Perfect for a quick dinner but also great for serving to company as an impressive fish dish!
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
With a pop of bright citrus flavor, this super easy air fryer fish dish is your new favorite healthy weeknight dinner! Tasty salmon with orange sauce is loaded with savory flavor and complimented by sweet honey and a citrussy twist.
On your table in just 20 minutes, you'll love the fast and simple prep. When it comes to healthy meals the family will love, this orange salmon is a guaranteed hit!
If you love serving fish as a quick and tasty weeknight meal, why not try this Easy Thai Salmon as well?
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- oranges - you'll use fresh juice from these fruits to give your dish a distinct punch of citrus flavor.
- honey - adds some sweetness to contrast the tangy and savory flavors.
- soy sauce - mixes well with honey to create a tasty sauce.
- garlic powder - for some salty and savory goodness.
- parsley - adds a pop of color and a nice herbal finish.
- olive oil - helps ensure your salmon gets a nice cook in the air fryer.
- salmon - a healthy and tasty fish that the other ingredients will compliment well.
- cornstarch - thickens the sauce for a more satisfy dish.
- Combine orange juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, and parsley in a small bowl.
- Add the oil to a small pan, then add the salmon filets.
- Pour the orange sauce over the salmon.
- Cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix together cornstarch and water, then remove salmon from pan and mix the slurry into the orange sauce until thick. Pour over salmon.
A simple trick to ensure your salmon is fully cooked is to give it a gentle poke with a finger or a fork. If the fish slightly flakes, or easily separates along the natural lines of the filet, that's a good indication that it's cooked well!
A versatile fish, salmon pairs well with a wide variety of flavors. Serving it in an orange glaze like in this recipe hits a lot of those types of flavors, from savory and salty to sweet and tangy. Some other common flavor pairings include teriyaki sauce, lemon, brown sugar, maple syrup, onion, olives, butter, ginger, and sesame.
No, this recipe requires no flipping once the salmon is in the air fryer! Just pop it in and cook until done. So easy, right?
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- To make this a full meal, serve your orange salmon alongside some green beans, a side of rice, or your favorite vegetable. You could even pair it with pasta.
- Use a fork to gently test the surface of the salmon to ensure it's fully cooked.
- Be sure the cornstarch fully dissolves in the water before adding it into the sauce. This will ensure an even mixture and it will be easier to thicken the glaze.
📌 Great for a quick weeknight meal but elegant enough to serve for Sunday dinner, this honey orange glazed salmon combines sweet, savory, and tangy flavors for a unique and delicious seafood dish!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- As a shortcut, you could use ½ cup of orange juice instead of juicing fresh oranges.
- Serve with extra orange wedges for more citrus flavor.
- Fresh minced garlic can also be used instead of garlic powder.
- For an even richer sauce, use both olive oil and a tablespoon or so of butter.
🥫 Storage and Reheating
To store, allow your salmon to cool. Transfer to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days. Salmon can also be frozen for 4-6 months.
When it comes time to reheat, pop your salmon back in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes. Add more time as needed. From frozen, allow the fish to thaw in the fridge for a few hours first, or overnight if possible.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
For a nice full meal, pair your salmon with a veggie and a starch! Make these Oven Fried Crispy Green Beans, and serve the fish over Lemon Dill Rice or Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice. You could also make these yummy Easy Drop Biscuits to serve alongside your fish.
✔️ More Seafood Recipes You'll Love
- Seafood Pot Pie - A tasty twist on the pot pie, this dish is loaded with shrimp and imitation crab!
- Brazilian Fish Stew - You'll love this flavorful and comforting soup with bold flavors and healthy veggies.
- Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos - With a spicy and tangy homemade sauce, this shrimp dish will take your taco night to the next level.
- Seafood Lasagna - This pasta dish from The Cookie Rookie is packed with layers of seafood, cheese, and pasta!
Salmon with Orange Sauce
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Orange Glazed Salmon
- In a bowl, add the juice of the oranges, the honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, and parsley. Whisk until incorporated. Set aside.2 oranges, juiced, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ tablespoon parsley
- In an 8” pie or cake pan, add the oil, then place the salmon fillets on top. Pour sauce over the fillets.1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 fillets salmon
- Place the pan in the air fryer basket and cook at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Mix the cornstarch and water. Remove the salmon from the pan and whisk in the cornstarch slurry to thicken the remaining juices into a sauce.2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1 teaspoon water
- For easier prep, use ½ cup of orange juice instead of juicing 2 oranges.
- The salmon is done when the fish flakes easily in the middle with a fork.
- Serve fillets with fresh green beans or any vegetable or pair it with a rice side.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!