This delicious salmon dish only takes 5 minutes to prep, and the result is an elegant dish of tasty salmon portions dressed up with a sweet and spicy maple glaze and topped with crunchy almonds!
A couple of months ago, DH and I went out to dinner with some friends to a really nice local restaurant. It is one of those small and kitschy places, where they really go out of their way to create a dining experience for you, as opposed to just serving you some food.
We don’t often get to enjoy such great atmosphere, because most of the time we go out with the kids, in which case we end up at Friendly’s, or Applebee’s, or some big-name chain like that. It was such a fun night, and the food was amazing!
This recipe was inspired by the dish I ordered that night. I love the sweetness of the maple syrup combined with the flavor of the salmon. The almonds provide a little crunch for a nice variety in texture and a nutty taste component.
I decided to add some crushed red pepper to my version, because we like a little kick in our fish!
(Note: I made sure Thing 2’s portion did not have any crushed red pepper, because that would be the quickest way to go right down to a zero biscuit rating, haha!)
If you like salmon, you will love this dish! You can dial the spice up or down by adjusting the amount of crushed red pepper. Or you can eliminate the red pepper altogether if you are not a fan of spicy food.
And here’s another salmon dish you will love: Teriyaki Glazed Salmon. Super easy and SO flavorful!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Maple Glazed Salmon with AlmondsPrint Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the salmon portions on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, soy sauce, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Drizzle about 1/2 of the glaze mixture over the portions, set aside the remaining glaze.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Plate the salmon, drizzle with remaining glaze, and top with sliced almonds.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!