Who can resist a good truffle? Today I am sharing a quick and easy recipe for making Strawberry Cream Truffles, just in time for Valentine’s Day! These sweet and creamy treats are perfect for the holiday and the kids absolutely love them.
And the best part is that the recipe only requires a few ingredients, a microwave, and a refrigerator. You can easily make a double or triple batch and have the kiddos take these into school for their classroom Valentine’s Day celebrations.
Just a note: This recipe originally appeared as a guest post on Buttercream Bakehouse. I have now posted the recipe here as well for archiving purposes. Enjoy!
Strawberry Cream Truffles
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer on high for about a minute. Add the strawberry extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power. Start with 1 minute, then stir, then microwave for an additional 15-30 seconds at a time until completely melted and smooth.
- Add the white chocolate to the cream cheese and mix until combined.
- Scoop the mixture with a spoon or a small cookie scoop and drop the balls onto wax paper.
- Refrigerate until the truffle balls become firm, at least 1 hour.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips, using the same method as above.
- Remove the truffle balls from the refrigerator, dip in the melted chocolate, and place back on the wax paper.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- If desired, melt the red candy melts in the microwave, then drizzle over the chocolate covered truffles for a festive Valentine's Day treat!
If you like this, check out this recipe for Layered Mint Chocolate Fudge from Aunt Bee’s Recipes!
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!