You'll love this unbelievably easy to make, decadent Strawberry Fudge Recipe! Top it with your favorite sprinkles for a fun holiday treat!
🍓 Why You'll Love This Strawberry Fudge Recipe
It only takes a few minutes to make so the kiddos won't get tired in the middle and leave you to finish up by yourself! Plus, with Valentine's Day coming up really soon, it's a timely treat and you can even make a double batch to gift or freeze for later.
It is amazingly easy to make and SOOOOOO good! Just like this Fresh Strawberry Mousse, it's a simple and romantic dessert with a distinct strawberry flavor!
👩🏻🍳 Recipe Back Story
I found a great recipe for homemade fudge and wanted to try it to see if it was as good as it looked. It was! I love this recipe because the only cooking involved is done in the microwave, and the ingredient list is totally manageable for a project with the kids, even younger ones.
Making treats together is always a fun project for the family! Although Thing 1 loves to work in the kitchen, Thing 2 is happier in front of the computer or XBox, so sometimes it takes a bit of convincing to get him to participate in a cooking activity.
But, when there is the promise of a sweet treat at the end of the project, I can usually get Thing 2 on board pretty easily!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
For a complete list of ingredients, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- strawberry frosting
- strawberry extract, though in a pinch I substituted raspberry once!
- white chocolate chips
- red and white sprinkles
Please note: This is an overview of the instructions. You'll find the complete instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Prepare the baking dish. Mix the frosting and extract together thoroughly. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, on 50% power, stirring often, until smooth.
- When the chips are completely melted, stir in the frosting and the sprinkles, mix well.
- Spread the fudge batter in the 8x8 dish. Top with additional sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate to set, slice, and enjoy!
Of course! If you don't have a microwave build double boiler by placing a pan on the stove filled with an inch of water. Top with a heat safe bowl.
Pour the chips in the bowl and allow the white chocolate to melt slowly, stirring often. Once most of the chips are melted remove the bowl and stir until the remaining chocolate is melted
Yes you can and wouldn't that be pretty? Using a heart shaped mold will make each bite even more sweet! Just allow the fudge to completely set before removing it from the mold.
Using an 8x4 loaf pan would also be pretty - just cut it into long slices! Be sure to prepare the molds or loaf pan so the hardened fudge can be easily removed.
Yes, this yummy Strawberry Fudge recipe freezes great! Wrap it well or place it in an airtight container and freeze for up to three months.
Making treats together is always a fun project for the family! Make a double batch and freeze some to enjoy at a later time!
💭 Top Tips
Be sure to mix the extract together with the frosting well before adding it to the chocolate.
I know it will be hard, but be sure to allow the white chocolate strawberry fudge to completely set up prior to slicing!
Top the strawberry fudge with toasted shredded coconut, wouldn't that be yummy? Topping it with chopped nuts or course sea salt would also be delicious!
Pretty heart sprinkles would be just beautiful and perfect for Valentines Day!
❤️ More Valentines Day Recipes
Looking for more easy valentines dessert recipes? There are so many yummy options!
- Strawberry Truffles - who can resist truffles?!!!
- Kahlua Fudge - hide the pan, trust me you won't want to share! 😋
- Chocolate Covered Cashews - nuts covered in rich, delicious chocolate and melted peanut butter chips!
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Check out this story on how to make Super Easy Strawberry Fudge!
📋 Recipe Card
Super Easy Strawberry Fudge
- Mix the strawberry frosting and strawberry extract thoroughly. Set aside.16 ounces strawberry frosting, ½ teaspoon strawberry extract
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, on 50% power, stirring often, until smooth.12 ounces white chocolate chips
- When the chips are completely melted, stir in the strawberry frosting and the sprinkles and mix well.¼ cup red and white sprinkles
- Spread the fudge batter in an 8x8 dish lined with wax paper. Top with additional sprinkles if desired and press them in lightly.
- Place in the refrigerator to set (about 1 hour).
- Makes approximately 12-16 fudge squares, depending on the size you cut.
- Combine the extract and frosting well before adding to the chocolate.
- Be sure to let the fudge set up completely before slicing.
- Use shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or some flaky salt to top your fudge.
- You could also top with heart sprinkles or anything festive-colored.
- For thicker fudge, use a smaller pan, or use the 8x8 pan but double the recipe. You may also need to increase the amount of time you let the fudge set in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.