Make your fries taste amazing with this simple French fry seasoning. It's so easy to make, and a great way to improve the flavor of your favorite fries. You can use it on homemade fries or store-bought. Even use it for sweet potato fries or other variations! You won't be able to get enough of this delicious seasoning combination.
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
French fries are such a great side dish, and they pair perfectly with almost any entree. But plain french fries can quickly become boring!
This easy french fry seasoning you can add wonderful flavor to any fries. Whether you prefer homemade or store bought fries; sweet potatoes or regular potatoes; thick or thin - this spice blend pairs well with them all.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
For a complete list of ingredients, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Black pepper - Adds a little heat.
- Paprika - A great spice that adds depth.
- Salt - Brings out more flavor from the other spices.
- Onion powder - Gives the fries a mild onion flavor.
- Garlic powder - Adds a gentle garlic flavor.
- Basil - Dried basil adds a little sweetness to the seasoning.
- Parsley - Dried parsley has an earthy flavor.
- Oregano - A little dried oregano adds a wonderful peppery taste.
Please note: This is an overview of the instructions. You'll find the complete instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Step 1 - Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl, or a storage container.
- Step 2 - Stir to combine the seasoning.
- Step 3 - Sprinkle it over your favorite cooked french fries!
No. The seasoning is likely to either fall off, or saponify the oil. It's usually best to season french fries after you have fried them.
French fry seasoning is a spice mix that is made to be used on french fries. There are many varieties, but they commonly include salt, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder.
Absolutely! This seasoning stores well at room temperature for at least 6 months. Feel free to make a small batch ahead of time, or make a big batch to use over multiple meals.
Store your french fry seasoning in a sealed container in a cool and dark place for up to 6 months.
You can easily make a big batch of this recipe, and use it anytime you make french fries. I love having this seasoning on hand, as you can also use it to season other types of food as well.
💭 Helpful Tips
- This basic seasoning is great for multiple purposes! Use it on chicken, roasted vegetables, or even steaks.
- You can adjust the amount of seasoning to suit your preference.
- Make a big batch, and store it in your spice rack for future dinners.
This seasoning is a great way to add flavor to homemade french fries, but you can also add it to store bought fries!
- Add cayenne pepper or chili powder to make it spicy.
- For a Mexican version, add smoked paprika and cumin.
- If you want to use this as a dry rub for meat, you can add a little brown sugar.
- Try the french fry seasoning with a variety of fries, like regular fries, sweet potato fries or rutabaga fries.
🍟 Suggested Fry Recipes
You can pair this seasoning with any fries. Here are some of my favorite recipes that I think you'll love.
🧂 Related Recipes
Here are a few more side dish ideas for you!
French Fry Seasoning
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
French Fry Seasoning
- Mixing Bowl
- Measure out the ingredients, and add them to a mixing bowl or a storage container.
- Shake or stir the ingredients together to combine them thoroughly.
- Add the seasoning to your favorite cooked french fries.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature for 6 months.
- Make a big batch to use across multiple meals.
- You can also use this basic seasoning for other dishes, like chicken or roasted vegetables.