I am in love with the fancy fries they serve at some restaurants. French fries are one of my favorite foods to begin with, but when they are all fixed up with herbs and other yummy flavors, the delicious factor goes through the roof!
We don’t eat out all that often, so I made it my mission to create a recipe for my own fancy fries at home. However I made one big adjustment.
The restaurant fries that I have had in the past were all actually fried, but since I don't really like to fry anything, I decided to try them baked and see if they were just as good. They were! Woohoo!
These dressed-up, baked fries make a tasty side dish or even a satisfying snack. With only a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, you can whip up a batch of these babies and impress your friends and family with your gourmet skills! And with only 2 tablespoons of olive oil, you can munch on these guilt-free and still be able to enjoy dessert!
You can certainly peel the potatoes if you like, but I prefer to leave the skins on. They get such a nice texture and flavor when tossed in the olive oil and dill and baked nice and crispy on the outside, but soft and potato-y on the inside (is potato-y a word? How about potatoey? Ah, well, you know what I mean!)
Baked Dill Fries
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Baked Dill Fries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with slightly crumpled non-stick aluminum foil (for even browning).
- Cut each potato into 8-12 wedges, keeping them about the same thickness as much as possible.4 medium russet potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, cornstarch, and dill weed.2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- Add the potato wedges and toss to coat.
- Spread the wedges over the aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with additional dill weed and chopped parsley (optional).Chopped parsley
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!