If you like easy ground beef recipes you can make in one pan, you will love this hearty and delicious Beef and Orzo Skillet Meal!
One skillet meals are da bomb! With easy prep and easy cleanup, these meals are perfect for the busiest days.
I like to plan on making this recipe for when I know we will have very little time in between getting home from work and school and heading out to the evening activities.
Another thing I really love about this recipe is that I always have leftovers, which make a great lunch for the next day or a quick meal later in the week for a kid who either needs to eat earlier or later than the rest of the family due to schedules just not matching up!
This dish has TONS of flavor from the spices, feta cheese, and olives.
I purposely left salt out of the recipe since the cheese and the olives add plenty of salty flavor, so for those that routinely add salt you may want to hold off until you taste the final product.
However, I did add pepper and that nicely balances out the saltiness in the dish. This is definitely a new family favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Beef and Orzo Skillet Meal
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Beef and Orzo Skillet MealPrint Recipe
- 1 pound lean Certified Angus Beef® ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 14.5 oz beef broth (1 can)
- 3.5 oz pitted green olives (1 jar, drained and halved)
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese (set some aside for garnish if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- In a large skillet, start to brown the ground beef. When it is about halfway done, add the onion and garlic.
- Spoon off excess fat, then add the broth, olives, feta cheese, pepper, and oregano. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the orzo pasta, and return to a simmer.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 12 minutes.
- Add the spinach on top, the recover and let cook for another 5 minutes, so that the spinach wilts.
- Stir in the spinach. Then add the chopped tomato and stir that in as well.
- Serve with the reserved feta cheese sprinkled on top for garnish (optional)
Tools used for this recipe:
Spices and other grocery products:
Interested in some other easy pasta recipes?
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!