One of my favorite crock pot recipes, this Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli is so easy and delicious you may never order Chinese take out again. Not only is this version cheaper, it's healthier, too!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Beef and broccoli is always a family favorite, but ordering from a Chinese restaurant can get expensive for a family of four, plus they sometimes use a lot of oil and other unhealthy ingredients.
So making it at home is a great option, but some days I barely have the energy to feed myself at the end of the day, let alone cook a healthy dinner for four people!
That is why I LOVE my crock pot. I know I have said that a million times, and I will probably say it a million more. I love love LOVE my crock pot!
Easy peasy, just toss a few ingredients together, and BLAM-O, at 5:00 pm, dinner is magically ready!
Looking for another great beef recipe? Try this Irish Braised Corned Beef!
- Use stew meat. Yes, it is not as tender as buying a better cut of meat and chunking it yourself. But the time-saver is well worth it to me, especially since slow cooking the beef keeps it tender. (Hint: Certified Angus Beef brand stew meat is amazing!!)
- Use minced garlic from a jar. I know, it isn't fresh. I also know, it's super-quick. SOLD.
- Use frozen broccoli florets. In this dish, no one will ever know!
- Buy frozen rice that just needs to be heated in the microwave. I keep about four bags of frozen brown rice in the freezer at all times to make quick side dishes!
Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
- 1 and 1/2 pounds stew meat
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (you can use jarred minced garlic to save time)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets (1 bag)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (or your favorite)
- Add the stew meat to the crock pot.1 and 1/2 pounds stew meat
- In a medium bowl combine the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper, sesame oil, and garlic.1 cup beef broth, 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Pour over the beef strips and stir to coat. Cook on low for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.
- Abut 30 minutes before you want to serve dinner, take about 1/4 cup of the sauce from the crock pot and place it in a bowl with the corn starch. Mix until the corn starch is dissolved.2 tablespoons corn starch
- Add the corn starch mixture slowly into the crock pot, stirring as you go.
- Mix in the broccoli florets (still frozen) and let cook for an additional 25-30 minutes.16 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- Serve over the rice.3 cups cooked brown rice
How gorgeous does this look? It is also delicious. And easy. And the family loves it. Need I say more?
Looking for more crock pot recipes? For a chicken dish, try my Crock Pot Chicken Thighs in Honey Beer Sauce. Or, check out this Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese for an easy and delicious way to get your kids to eat more veggies! Does your family like pork chops? I have a crock pot recipe for that too! Head over and give my Slow Cooker Mushroom Pork Chops recipe a look!
|Crock Pot Chicken Thighs in Honey Beer Sauce||Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese||Slow Cooker Mushroom Pork Chops|
Tools used for this recipe:
Spices and other grocery products:
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!