I wrote about this recipe only a few weeks ago, but I just made it again and did some things differently, mostly because I was really pressed for time and needed to take some additional short cuts. Well, everyone thought the end result was even MORE delicious! So I want to feature it again to highlight the changes I made. Also, the first time I wrote about it, we were still on the old blog format and did not have the neat printable recipe functionality as we do on this platform. So with this post, you can actually print a nice copy for yourself, which you should do right now, because you should definitely try this! 🙂 And, as I mentioned in the original post, even Thing 2 (the hard-to-please child) gobbled this up and asked for more!
Adapted from a recipe at Cozi.com.
Chicken Curry in a BIG Hurry!Print Recipe
- 1 10 oz package frozen microwaveable brown rice (like the kind from Trader Joe's)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 and 1/2 cups pre-cooked frozen diced chicken breast , thawed (like the oven roasted variety by Tyson)
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 14 ounce can cut green beans
- 1 cup coconut milk (like the unsweetened/first pressing kind from A Taste of Thai)
- Microwave the rice according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken pieces. Sprinkle with the curry powder and salt, and saute until all are combined and chicken is warmed up.
- Add rice, green beans, and coconut milk. Heat and stir for 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
The idea for using Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice was inspired by a comment from Lisa at Jersey Girl Cooks. It worked really well in this dish (thanks, Lisa!). And the coconut milk from A Taste of Thai was the thickest and creamiest I have found so far. It really made the difference, so if you have access to that brand, I recommend it!
Hope your family enjoys this dish! Until next time…