Change up pizza night with this Curried Veggie Pizza - individual vegetarian pizzas, slathered with curry-spiced pizza sauce and loaded with delicious veggies! It saves you money and it's much healthier than delivery!
Pizza night! Pizza night! Yippee! I love pizza night. We have pizza every Friday night, because the family loves it, and it is one less meal for me to try to figure out every week. When I sit down to plan the upcoming dinners, I just slap PIZZA under the 'Friday' heading right off. Woohoo! One done, only six more to go! 😀
We used to order out for pizza night, but in the last couple of years I discovered the magic of making it at home with a little help from store-bought frozen pizza dough and store-bought pizza sauce.
Yes, I know you can make both of these things yourself and they taste better, but the store-bought stuff tastes pretty good too, and I can roll out the dough and prepare the pizza in just about the same amount of time it takes me to order delivery or take-out. And it still saves us a ton of money compared to ordering out!
Every once in a while, I like to get creative with the pizzas and try something a little different. For this version, I decided to give it a little Indian flair. I had some naan in the house, and thought it would make great little individual pizza crusts, just like other versions of flatbread.
The great thing to this approach is that the kids can decline to try my little pizza experiment if they are not feeling adventurous, so it works out well for families because each little pizza can be customized.
You can try this with whatever veggies you have handy. I used onion, cauliflower, and broccoli this time. Next time I am going to try with some eggplant and maybe spinach and/or mushrooms. The possibilities are endless! I love to eat my veggies this way!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Curried Veggie Pizza
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Curried Veggie PizzaPrint Recipe
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets (cut fairly small, around 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets (cut fairly small, around 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, plus 2 teaspoons
- 2 or 3 large naan, or 2 flatbreads, or 1 large pizza crust (about 14-16 ounces total bread)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, and onion and microwave on high for 2 minutes to soften. Drain any liquid.
- Add the 2 teaspoons of curry powder to the bowl and toss. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the pizza sauce and the tablespoon of curry powder.
- Place the naan (or flatbread or pizza crust) on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread the sauce over the bread. Then top with the softened vegetables.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
In the mood for more pizza recipes?
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!