Made with the same ingredients as a regular pizza, but the pan keeps the crust soft and bread-like and the family just loves it!
Pizza is the one dinner in my house that we have on a weekly basis. No one ever gets sick of it!
Nonetheless, I like to change things up a little bit from time to time, with different toppings, or different ways of putting the ingredients together, like pizza packets, mini pizzas, and now this yummy pan pizza! And no cast-iron pan needed! Just use your regular 9×13 baking pan.
Pan pizza is totally yummy, but the take-out version tends to be very greasy and unhealthy. While that greasy crust is definitely delicious, it is SO bad for you. With this version, you don’t get a greasy crust, and depending on your toppings, it can actually be a decently nutritious meal.
I used pepperoni, but you can put anything on top of this – broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, mushrooms, cooked shrimp, crab, sausage, bacon, and so forth – the list is endless!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Easy Pan Pizza
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Easy Pan PizzaPrint Recipe
- 16 ounces whole wheat pizza dough (or your favorite)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (divided, or more if you like your pizza really cheesy)
- 20 pieces turkey pepperoni (or whatever toppings you like)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees Celsius).
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan lightly with non-stick spray.
- Using the flour to prevent sticking, roll out the dough in to a rough rectangle shape, about 10x14 inches.
- Place the dough in the baking pan, pressing the excess up the sides of the pan.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese over the dough.
- Top with sauce and spread evenly.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Distribute the pepperoni on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with chopped basil before serving.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!