Just a note: This recipe originally appeared as a monthly contributor post on Memories by the Mile. I have now posted the recipe here as well for archiving purposes (scroll down towards the bottom). My original teaser post can be found below with the recipe following after. Check out Memories by the Mile too… Wanda Ann has a ton of great recipes on her site! Enjoy!
Today I am posting over at Wanda Ann’s blog, Memories By The Mile. You will find me there the 2nd Thursday of every month!
This month I have shared my recipe for Cashew Sausage Basil Pizza. I love this combination of toppings because the cashews add a little crunch and a smooth buttery flavor, the sausage adds a little zing, and the basil rounds it all out.
Cashew Sausage Basil PizzaPrint Recipe
- 14 ounces whole wheat pizza dough (I used store-bought)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup cooked sausage (crumbled, you can use any kind, I used Morningstar Farms veggie sausage)
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- 10-15 small basil leaves (or more, if you like a lot of basil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees Celsius).
- Roll out dough to about 16 inches in diameter. Use a little flour to keep it from sticking.
- Place the pizza on a pizza baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spoon the sauce over the dough and distribute evenly.
- Top with mozzarella and shredded cheddar.
- Distribute sausage, cashews, and basil leaves.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!