This recipe originally appeared as a monthly contributor post on The Best Blog Recipes. I have now posted the recipe here as well for archiving purposes (scroll down towards the bottom). My original teaser post can be found below with the recipe following after. But don’t forget to check out The Best Blog Recipes as well…Shauna has a ton of great recipes on her site! Enjoy!
Today I’m excited to be posting as a contributor for The Best Blog Recipes! I am sharing my Crab Bacon Spinach Pizza recipe, which is one of my favorite pizza recipes.
We have pizza for dinner about once a week. It is my favorite Friday go-to meal! By Friday, I am a bit low on energy and I am not in the mood to be creative or go crazy cooking a meal.
For many years, we would order pizza, but eventually I realized that it was almost as easy to make my own pizza at home using premade pizza dough, plus it is a lot cheaper and so easily customized to everyone on an individual basis!
I like to make two pizzas so that we have some left over for Saturday lunch, which means that everyone gets a half pizza for whatever toppings they want. It works out really well!
As it turns out, this pizza was more for the grownups. Hubby and I loved it. I thought my younger son would like it as well, since it does not use a tomato-based sauce (he doesn’t care for tomatoes), but to my surprise he chose to eat the other pizza, which was just a traditional plain cheese pizza with red sauce.
Thing 2 liked this, but also preferred the regular pizza. Hubby and I were happy about that, though…more Crab Bacon Spinach pizza for us!
Note that I used imitation crab in the recipe because it is a lot cheaper than real crab. With all the other flavors going on in this pizza, I don’t think it is a big deal that it doesn’t taste exactly like real crab (although I think it is pretty darn close).
However, you could substitute real crab if you want and this would be even more delicious!
Crab Bacon Spinach PizzaPrint Recipe
- 14 ounces whole wheat pizza dough
- ¼ cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- handful fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices bacon (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup imitation crab (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees Celsius).
- Roll out dough to about 16 inches in diameter. Use a little flour to keep it from sticking.
- Place the pizza on a pizza baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spoon the sauce over the dough and distribute evenly.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Distribute spinach, bacon, and crab.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with chopped scallions before serving.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!