Have you ever made curry pasta? It’s not your usual pasta dinner! This is one of my healthy recipes and uses red curry paste, light coconut milk, and frozen vegetables to create a unique and delicious easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love. Make it in one pot for speedy cleanup!
Pasta is definitely a favorite dinner at our house. It is one of my go-to meals. You can probably guess why – it’s inexpensive, easy, and everyone loves it. 🙂
But sometimes I get tired of the same old spaghetti and tomato sauce dinner! Luckily, pasta is pretty versatile and there are many ways to change it up to get some different flavors and textures going on.
I also like pasta because it is easy to just keep some stocked in the pantry to pull out whenever. Which leads me to the second big reason I love this recipe!
Why I love this curry pasta recipe
Have you ever planned a nice meal for a particular night, but then your day ends up being really crazy and tiring, and by the time you get to the point where you need to make dinner, you just can’t muster up enough energy to actually follow through on what you had planned?
That happens to me a few times a month, it seems, so it is important for me to have the ingredients for a few really easy meals on standby. Frozen chicken nuggets are always an option, but I like to turn to healthier stuff if I possibly can!
This recipe is perfect as one of those standby recipes, because it consists of jarred, boxed, canned, and frozen items, so I can keep all the ingredients on hand to make this whenever I feel like making a quick and easy meal. There isn’t any chopping or slicing required. In fact, the most intensive activity is opening a couple of cans!
I was surprise to find out that my kids actually really love the flavor of curry, and they especially love curry pasta. I think part of the reason is that the coconut milk gives it a yummy, creamy flavor and texture. So if you aren’t sure if your kids will like curry, I encourage you to give this a try.
Plus, BONUS – it is made in one pot, so cleanup is a breeze as well!
If you are a fan of one-pot recipes, you will also want to check out this super-easy but really tasty Baked Frittata recipe. It is made in a Dutch oven which allows for even cooking and locks in the flavors of whatever add-ins you use.
Easy Curry Pasta and Vegetables
Serve with a side salad or naan.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! Enjoy!
Easy Curry Pasta and VegetablesPrint Recipe
- 12 ounces frozen onion and pepper strips (one bag)
- 12 ounces frozen squash slices (one bag)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (jarred)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (one large can)
- 14.5 ounces light coconut milk (one can)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (more or less, to taste)
- 12 ounces uncooked rotini (one package)
- In a large pot, combine the onion and pepper strips, the squash slices, the peas, and the garlic. Heat over medium heat for about 2 minutes until the vegetables are partially thawed.
- Add the diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and curry paste. Increase the heat to medium high and heat until the mixture starts to simmer, about 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the flavor, adding more curry paste if your family likes spicier food. (You can also add some salt and/or pepper here. Or, if you like things really spicy, add some cayenne pepper.)
- Mix in the pasta, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
This post contains affiliate links. Check out our full disclosure here.
Tools used for this recipe: