Slow Cooker Thai Spicy Peanut Chicken
Make this tasty and flavorful Thai-style dish right in your crockpot. So easy and delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 16 ounces frozen bell peppers and onion (1 package, like the kind by Bird's Eye)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- handful of chopped peanuts (for garnish)
In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, Sriracha sauce, and lime juice. Set aside.
Empty contents of package of frozen peppers/onion into the slow cooker.
Place the chicken on top of the peppers/onion.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the top of the chicken.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Just before serving, shred the chicken with two forks.
Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro (optional).
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 747mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1870IU | Vitamin C: 77.2mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.8mg