An easy and delicious Thai-style dish that can be made right in your crockpot!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Like many busy moms, I love shortcuts! I love to try different ways to streamline meal preparation, especially when I can do it without sacrificing quality or taste.
For this recipe, if you have the time, by all means you should slice up some fresh bell peppers and onion. Hopefully you remembered to buy them the last time you went to the grocery store, and hopefully you are getting around to making this dish while the produce you bought is still fresh.
HOWEVER, if you are like some people I know (not me, of course), you might have forgotten to buy the peppers and onion, or you bought them, but then you forgot to get the dinner in the crockpot on the day you wanted to make it so you had to reschedule this particular dinner and then by the time you got around to making it, the peppers didn't look so good and you ended up giving the kids scrambled eggs for dinner. (OK, I lied, it is totally me.)
While I try to be on the ball and plan my meals, I also have to be a little flexible because things change during the week and I need to accommodate.
That is where frozen veggies come in handy! They keep for quite a while in the freezer and so they are there when I need them. Plus, they are super quick! All you do for this dish is cut the package open and dump it in the crock pot!
Bird's Eye has a package of frozen sliced bell peppers and onions, which works perfectly in this recipe. They label it for stir frying, but you can use it for anything, there are no flavors, spices, or oils added.
Just pop it in the slow cooker with your chicken and spicy peanut sauce (which takes all of 5 minutes, maybe 10, tops), and 6 hours later you have a meal. Yum!
Slow Cooker Thai Spicy Peanut Chicken
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Slow Cooker Thai Spicy Peanut ChickenPrint Recipe
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 16 ounces frozen bell peppers and onion (1 package, like the kind by Bird's Eye)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- handful of chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, Sriracha sauce, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Empty contents of package of frozen peppers/onion into the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top of the peppers/onion.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Just before serving, shred the chicken with two forks.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro (optional).
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!