Grilled Cheese and Salmon Sandwiches
A quick and easy, crispy sandwich that is both sweet and savory at the same time. Makes a great dinner for a busy family on the go!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time16 mins
Total Time21 mins
- 14 ounce salmon (1 can, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup light mayonnaise (you can use a little more if the mixture seems to need it)
- 1 apple (diced well, I use a Gala and leave the skin on)
- Pepper to taste
- 10-12 slices whole wheat or multi-grain bread
- 8 tablespoons butter (or buttery spread), softened
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Combine the salmon, cheese, mayonnaise, apple, and pepper in a bowl, mix well.
Combine the butter and dill weed. Butter the outsides of the bread with the mixture and place bottom slices on baking sheet.
Spread salmon mix on bottom slices and place top slices over them.
Bake sandwiches for 8 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for another 6-8 minutes until brown and crispy.
Tips to make this gourmet sandwich even better!
Serve this meal with Brazilian Fish Stew - it's a wonderful combination!
- Make the salmon spread the night before to reduce the time needed for preparation. This recipe makes plenty for a family of 4-6, so you could even take some into work as a cold sandwich!
- Line the baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil to make clean-up even snappier!
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 493mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 273mg | Iron: 1.7mg