Grilled Cheese and Salmon Sandwiches
A quick and easy, crispy sandwich that is both sweet and savory at the same time. Makes a great dinner for a busy family on the go!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time16 mins
Total Time21 mins
- 14 ounce salmon (1 can, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- ½ cup light mayonnaise (you can use a little more if the mixture seems to need it)
- 1 apple (diced well, I use a Gala and leave the skin on)
- Pepper to taste
- 10-12 slices whole wheat or multi-grain bread
- Buttery spread to coat the bread (I use Brummel and Brown)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Combine the salmon, cheese, mayonnaise, apple, and pepper in a bowl, mix well.
Butter the outsides of the bread and place bottom slices on baking sheet.
Spread salmon mix on bottom slices and place top slices over them.
Bake sandwiches for 8 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for another 6-8 minutes until brown and crispy.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 493mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 273mg | Iron: 1.7mg