Sometimes, I come home from work, look at the meal plan for the evening, and realize I’m just not feelin’ it.
Has that ever happened to you?
It happens to me a few times a month (I know, I am a slacker, haha!), so it is nice to have a go-to meal that can step in and pinch hit on a moment’s notice. (Something other than Cheerios!)
This meal was so easy and so tasty that, even though I was dog-tired (which was the reason for abandoning my original meal plan in the first place), I decided to photograph the finished product before we ate it, which effectively made the boys wait an extra 45 minutes for dinner! (Sorry kids! At least you got a nice snack out of the deal.)
The key to the super-quickiness of this recipe (yes, super-quickiness…it is my blog, I can make up words if I want!) was that I had already cooked chicken pieces handy.
I like to keep about a pound in the freezer to use when needed. If you don’t have chicken already cooked, you can certainly cook it and then continue with the recipe, it will just take you a little bit longer!
This recipe as posted has 5 ingredients, with a couple of optional ingredients, although in reality you could even make this with only the first 4 and it would be basically the same. The lime juice was my favorite part, so to me it was essential, however the kids liked it with or without the lime, so it is up to you!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
5 Ingredient Tangy Chicken
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
5 Ingredient Tangy ChickenPrint Recipe
- 12 ounces cooked bite-sized pieces of chicken (can be frozen)
- 16 ounces mango salsa (I used Newman's Own) (1 jar)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 15.5 ounces butter beans, drained and rinsed (1 can)
- 1 lime
- chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- rice for serving (optional)
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, add the chicken and heat for a minute or two over medium heat (heat 3-4 extra minutes if your chicken is frozen).
- Add the salsa, corn, and butter beans, and cook for 10 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
- When serving, squeeze lime juice on top and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!