This post originally appeared as a contributor post on The Best Blog Recipes.
I am super-busy most days. Between working full time, being a wife and mom, running a household, and blogging, I am constantly doing something! And as any busy mom can attest, most days there just isn’t time to spend hours preparing dinner for the family. Even on the weekends, I seem to be running here, there and everywhere to get the kids where they need to be and complete the necessary errands. And during the week, ease of preparation is an absolute necessity, since by the time we all get home everyone is hungry and tired and I need to get dinner on the table as quickly as I can. Sound familiar?
If it does, you need this recipe! This is one of my favorites. And the reason why can be summed up in 3 phrases: minimal number of ingredients, minimal prep, and maximum deliciousness. Slow cooker meals are usually pretty easy to begin with, but there are still some that are easier than others. The EASIEST slow cooker meals are the ones where you just toss a few ingredients in the crock pot, mix, and let it go all day, with no chopping, no pre-cooking anything, and very little measuring. This recipe fits all the requirements in my book to be labeled EASIEST. Plus, it is a family-pleaser, with even my picky eater rating it as a TOTAL YUM!
- 1 and ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (you can substitute chicken breasts if you prefer)
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup marsala wine (optional, just add more milk if you don't have this on hand)
- ¾ cup frozen chopped onion (can use fresh onion if you have time to chop!)
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice with seasoning packet (I use Uncle Ben's Original Recipe)
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot (including the seasoning packet from the rice mix).
- Mix well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Head on over to The Best Blog Recipes for the full post!
You may be interested in…