Bacon Crab Pasta Salad is great as a side dish or a light main dish. And so easy peasy to make!
I am not a huge fan of peas, I will admit. But I truly do not mind them in this Bacon Crab Pasta Salad. And Thing 1 and Thing 2 seem to feel the same, so this recipe is a great way to get veggies into the kids without having to deal with the sour faces and pouty postures.
Yes, even as teenagers, they still raise a fuss over having to eat things they don’t like! I am hopeful that someday that will change, but for the moment the sour faces and pouty posture show up whenever I serve something deemed to be ‘yucky’. (Oh, and what is deemed yucky seems to frequently change without any notice at all.)
I actually wasn’t really surprised that Thing 1 liked the Bacon Crab Pasta Salad, but I wasn’t too sure how Thing 2 would feel, as he is the pickier of the two. I confess that he didn’t LOVE this, but he ate all of it without complaint, which is huge for him! So this dish is getting a permanent spot in our rotation.
You can shortcut your prep by buying pre-cooked bacon or even the bacon recipe pieces (not artificial bacon bits, but the pieces that are actually real bacon). I confess that I did that.
But the next time I make this, I will probably just cook up some bacon to use in it, because I bet it will taste even better, and it isn’t that hard to do.
Bacon Crab Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (1/2 box)
- 8 ounces imitation crab (roughly chopped)
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed (1 bag)
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook the orzo pasta according to the directions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- When the pasta is done, drain and rinse a bit with cold water to cool the pasta.
- Combine in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!