Bacon Crab Pasta Salad is great as a side dish or a light main dish. And so easy peasy to make!
I am not a huge fan of peas, I will admit. But I truly do not mind them in this Bacon Crab Pasta Salad. And Thing 1 and Thing 2 seem to feel the same, so this recipe is a great way to get veggies into the kids without having to deal with the sour faces and pouty postures.
Yes, even as teenagers, they still raise a fuss over having to eat things they don’t like!
I am hopeful that someday that will change, but for the moment the sour faces and pouty posture show up whenever I serve something deemed to be ‘yucky’.
(Oh, and what is deemed yucky seems to frequently change without any notice at all.)
I actually wasn’t really surprised that Thing 1 liked the Bacon Crab Pasta Salad, but I wasn’t too sure how Thing 2 would feel, as he is the pickier of the two.
I confess that he didn’t LOVE this, but he ate all of it without complaint, which is huge for him! So this dish is getting a permanent spot in our rotation.
You can shortcut your prep by buying pre-cooked bacon or even the bacon recipe pieces (not artificial bacon bits, but the pieces that are actually real bacon). I confess that I did that.
But the next time I make this, I will probably just cook up some bacon to use in it, because I bet it will taste even better, and it isn’t that hard to do.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Bacon Crab Pasta Salad
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Bacon Crab Pasta SaladPrint Recipe
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (1/2 box)
- 8 ounces imitation crab (roughly chopped)
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed (1 bag)
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook the orzo pasta according to the directions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- When the pasta is done, drain and rinse a bit with cold water to cool the pasta.
- Combine in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!