Pasta, pesto...and presto! You have a great dinner that everyone loves. The pasta and pesto combination cannot be overdone, in my opinion. I could eat it every day! That being said, I still love coming up with other add-ins to keep it interesting. This time I was in the mood for snow peas. I saw them in the grocery store and they looked so fresh and delicious, I decided to feature them. Then I decided on a few more ingredients to toss in there. Grape tomatoes? Yes! They are so easy and delicious. And a can of artichoke hearts, just because we love them. Oh, and the mushrooms in the fridge were nearing the end of their lifespan, so I threw them in the mix as well!
The end result was a dish that made Thing 2 say 'Mmmmmmm'! Do you believe it?!? I was ecstatic. I think I even did a little happy dance. (In all honesty, though, he did pick out the tomatoes, as you would expect. But still, it's a win!!)
Thing 2 rating = (4.5 biscuits out of 5)! Woohoo!!
Pesto Tortellini with Artichoke and Snow PeasPrint Recipe
- 20 ounces mixed cheese tortellini (1 package)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 6 to 7 ounces fresh snow peas
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts (1 can, drained and roughly chopped)
- 20 grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 3/4 cup reduced fat pesto
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- While the tortellini is cooking, spray a skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook the mushrooms and snow peas in the skillet until the mushrooms start to soften and the snow peas are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the artichokes into the skillet during the last minute of cooking.
- Remove from heat and combine the mushroom/snow pea mix with the tortellini, grape tomatoes, Italian dressing and pesto.