I posted this recipe about a year ago, but at that time I was still honing my photography skills (ahem…translation: I had no idea what I was doing LOL)
I love the recipe, but I was a little embarrassed about the photo, and I found myself not willing to share it as a result. So this yummy, nutrition-boosted, easy crock pot recipe was sorely neglected for almost a year, but not anymore! I am sharing it here again with completely updated pictures! Woohoo!
If you are curious, you can check out my original Crockpot Cheeseburger post HERE. Let me know if you think the pictures have improved!
This time of year, as the weather gets warmer, people start to put away their crock pots and focus on the grill, but I say keep that crock pot handy! I use my crock pot year-round, because it gives me another option for avoiding oven cooking in the heat of summer.
And now you can have the great taste of cheeseburgers without turning on the oven or the grill!
Adapted from a Hungry Girl recipe.
Crockpot Cheeseburger Casserole
- 6 ounces whole grain or fiber-enriched elbow macaroni (I used SmartTaste by Ronzoni)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup onion
- 24 ounces frozen cauliflower with reduced-fat cheese sauce
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- 2-3 pickles (chopped)
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta until just becoming tender (about 5 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Mix the turkey, ketchup, and onion in a large bowl. Add the frozen cauliflower and cheese sauce, shredded cheddar, and pasta, and mix until distributed.
- Place entire mixture into the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 8-9 hours.
- When plating, sprinkle each serving with the chopped tomatoes and pickles, or set out in bowls for self-service.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition information is approximate. Your results may be different due to different brands/products and measuring differences.
Adapted from HungryGirl.com
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!