This Slow Cooker Braised Pot Roast with Root Vegetables is a warm and hearty meal perfect for a #SundaySupper or any family dinner! Choose Certified Angus Beef ® brand for the best results!
Here is the honest truth: I used to think that all beef was the same. I didn’t really pay much attention to what brand was on the package I was buying, except to make sure that it looked pretty fresh and was the best price.
But since trying Certified Angus Beef® brand beef, I will tell you that I won’t buy anything else anymore. From the stew meat, to the sirloin steaks, to the prime rib, this stuff truly is the best beef out there.
For example, the other night I made my beef stroganoff with Certified Angus Beef® brand stew meat. I have made this many times before with other stew meat, but I have to say, using the Certified Angus Beef® made a big difference! This dish, which was delicious before, was truly better with the Certified Angus Beef®. Thing 2, my picky eater, actually said ‘WOW’ when he tried it. I was amazed!
Anyway, with this cold and chilly weather, I am in the mood for a hearty, comforting pot roast. This Slow Cooker Braised Pot Roast recipe is just the thing! It will make your whole house smell awesome.
And it’s perfect for gathering the family around the dinner table to enjoy each other’s company as well as a delicious meal. You will never go wrong with Certified Angus Beef®, it turns out amazing every time!
Slow Cooker Braised Pot Roast with Root Vegetables
- 1 (3-pound) Certified Angus Beef ® English roast or chuck arm roast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 apple (quartered, peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups red wine blend
- 2 cups beef stock
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 parsnips (peeled and chopped)
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. Season roast with salt and pepper; coat with as much flour as will stick to roast. Add oil to pan and sear roast, browning on all sides. Remove from pan and place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining flour, onion, apple and dried herbs to pan and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add wine and simmer an additional 2 minutes scraping browned bits up from bottom. Transfer to slow cooker. Add stock and bay leaves, cover and cook on low 5 hours.
- Skim excess fat from surface and add potatoes, carrots, parsnips and sweet potatoes to slow cooker. Cover and cook an additional 2-3 hours on low until beef is fork tender and vegetables are soft.
Reprinted with permission from Certified Angus Beef ® Brand. Original recipe can be found HERE.
For more delicious beef recipes, visit the Certified Angus Beef® Brand site!
Or join the conversation with other beef and recipe enthusiasts, and get great tips and tricks in the Certified Angus Beef ® Kitchen Facebook group.
This post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!