Perfect for a weeknight meal if you can just spare 10 minutes in the morning to get everything in the slow cooker.
Winner winner chicken dinner! This chicken recipe is always a winner in my house. I love it because it is super-easy and because most of the work is done by the crock pot during the day while I am working.
Then, when we are ready to eat dinner in the evening, I just transfer the chicken and veggies to a 9x13 baking dish, pop some packaged refrigerated biscuit dough on top, and bake for about 15 minutes.
The entire family LOVES this recipe! Even Thing 2, who typically turns his nose up at vegetables, happily gobbles up every morsel of this dish.
(If it makes your morning easier, cut up your potatoes the night before and store in the refrigerator covered with water.)
Here’s a totally optional hint if you like the nice golden color and sheen on the biscuits: Take a minute to whisk an egg white together with a tablespoon of water and brush it over the top before placing the baking dish in the oven for the final 15 minutes of cooking. Don’t those biscuits look beautiful?
Most nights I really can’t be bothered with a cosmetic step like that, but every once in a while I like to get fancy. Either way, this dinner is always a big hit with the adults and with the kids! 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits
- 1 ¼ ounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 20 ounces chicken gravy (1 jar)
- 4 red potatoes (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 10 ounces mixed vegetables (1 bag)
- 1 cup diced onion (can be frozen, no need to thaw)
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 biscuit) tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.1 ¼ ounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Combine the gravy, potatoes, mixed veggies, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika, and pour over the chicken.20 ounces chicken gravy, 4 red potatoes, 10 ounces mixed vegetables, 1 cup diced onion, ½ tablespoon minced garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Twenty minutes before you want to serve dinner, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Transfer the chicken and veggies to a 9x13 baking dish. In the process, pull the chicken apart a little so there are chunks throughout the mixture.
- Cut each round biscuit in half from side to side (to form two thinner rounds) and place on top of the chicken and veggies, touching each other.1 (8 biscuit) tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!
Looks delicious! I make a chicken and dumplings that is quite similar. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party! Hope to see you this Sunday too!
I should know better than to go to link parties when I am hungry. I really want some of your slow cooker chicken biscuits right now. Thanks for sharing at what did you do this weekend.
This sounds like such a treat! I love biscuits and even better with the chicken and the veggies! My kind of dinner 🙂
I put this on my list for the weekly meal plan! I have been neglecting my crock pot, but this one is inspiring me to serve this up! Yummy!
Oh wow, this looks so delicious! What a beautiful and comforting dish. I have to make this for my little ones! I know everyone will love this dish over at Fiesta Friday! Thanks for sharing!
Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook
I am salivating right now! 😀 This sounds so perfect! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!
Thank you for sharing this easy recipe. I love my crock pot and use it a ton. Now I have one more recipe to add to the list.
This looks like the ultimate comfort food! Perfect for those chilly fall nights! We just started the Whisk It Wednesday link party and I thought you might be interested in sharing there too! Thanks, Carrie
I don't understand. Why cut the biscuits in half ? Is there not 8 biscuits in a pack ?
Hi Jean, I actually needed more than 8 to completely fill the 9x13 dish. Plus, the whole biscuit is rather tall when it bakes, so the half biscuit seemed like a better scale as a crust for the chicken. Hope that helps, thanks for stopping by! 🙂