Perfect for a weeknight meal if you can just spare 10 minutes in the morning to get everything in the slow cooker.
Winner winner chicken dinner! This chicken recipe is always a winner in my house. I love it because it is super-easy and because most of the work is done by the crock pot during the day while I am working.
Then, when we are ready to eat dinner in the evening, I just transfer the chicken and veggies to a 9×13 baking dish, pop some packaged refrigerated biscuit dough on top, and bake for about 15 minutes.
The entire family LOVES this recipe! Even Thing 2, who typically turns his nose up at vegetables, happily gobbles up every morsel of this dish.
(If it makes your morning easier, cut up your potatoes the night before and store in the refrigerator covered with water.)
Here’s a totally optional hint if you like the nice golden color and sheen on the biscuits: Take a minute to whisk an egg white together with a tablespoon of water and brush it over the top before placing the baking dish in the oven for the final 15 minutes of cooking. Don’t those biscuits look beautiful?
Most nights I really can’t be bothered with a cosmetic step like that, but every once in a while I like to get fancy. Either way, this dinner is always a big hit with the adults and with the kids! 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Slow Cooker Chicken and BiscuitsPrint Recipe
- 1 1/4 ounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 20 ounces chicken gravy (1 jar)
- 4 red potatoes (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 10 ounces mixed vegetables (1 bag)
- 1 cup diced onion (can be frozen, no need to thaw)
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 biscuit) tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Combine the gravy, potatoes, mixed veggies, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika, and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Twenty minutes before you want to serve dinner, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Transfer the chicken and veggies to a 9x13 baking dish. In the process, pull the chicken apart a little so there are chunks throughout the mixture.
- Cut each round biscuit in half from side to side (to form two thinner rounds) and place on top of the chicken and veggies, touching each other.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!