Creamy, flavorful, and packed with the nutritional and cancer-fighting powers of veggies and turmeric!
Hummus - it's not just for scooping onto crackers anymore! If your family loves hummus like mine, this is a great recipe you can add to your rotation.
This recipe is not only really tasty, but it is SO healthy. It has so much veggie goodness with cauliflower, spinach, and zucchini, but that's not all!
The chickpeas provide fiber and protein and the turmeric gives the whole dish cancer-crushing power. Yeah!
While I highly recommend using my Turmeric Hummus to maximize the amount of turmeric involved, you can actually use any store-bought or homemade hummus if you are short on time or have a bunch of extra hummus in the fridge that you want to finish off.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Turmeric Hummus Casserole
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Turmeric Hummus Casserole
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add the cauliflower, paprika, turmeric, and salt and saute for about 3 minutes.1.5 cup roughly chopped cauliflower, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon salt
- Add the zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes.2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.5 ounces fresh spinach
- In a 13x9 baking dish, spread about 1/2 of the hummus.3 cups turmeric hummus
- Top with the pita or naan, breaking it into pieces to get a nice even layer.2 pitas or naan
- Spread the rest of the hummus on top of the pita or naan.
- Top with the cauliflower, zucchini, and spinach mixture.
CHECK OUT ALL OF THIS WEEK’S #SUNDAYSUPPER RECIPES BELOW!
Many thanks to Susan from The Wimpy Vegetarian for hosting this fun event!
- Goat Cheese and Red Onion Quesadilla by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Green Tomato and Mozzarella Salad by Monica’s Table
- Italian Lupini Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- Orange Ginger Carrot Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Orange Beet Cake by Baking Sense
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Make Your Children Eat Their Vegetables…in a Cupcake! by The Ninja Baker
- Zucchini Blueberry Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
- Caprese Stuffed Roasted Eggplant by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Cauliflower Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Glazed Carrot and Quinoa Salad with Crispy Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Green Goddess Mac and Cheese by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mujaddara by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Penne-Wise Pumpkin Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Pumpkin Gnocchi and Spinach with Sage Brown Butter Sauce by The Redhead Baker
- Radical Reuben Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Vegetable Casserole by A Mind "Full"Mom
- Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Soba Noodle Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Vegan Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Spinach by Cooking Chat
- Vegetarian Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Veggie Riggies: A Rigatoni Sauté by Hardly A Goddess
- Caramelized Onions and Cauliflower by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh with Chickpeas by Simple and Savory
- Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Rice by My Life Cookbook
- Locro de Papa (Ecuadorian Potato Soup) by Curious Cuisiniere
- South African Yellow Rice by What Smells So Good?
- Spiralized Sweet Potato and Apple Sauté with Dates by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Turmeric Hummus Casserole by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!