Mix It Up For the Holidays Giveaway!
I’m so glad you stopped by! First off we are having a Traditional Thanksgiving Progressive Dinner Blog Hop Style with an amazing GIVEAWAY for dessert!!
After collecting all the recipes you’ll need to create a fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner, be sure to ENTER for your chance to WIN a 5 Qt, Kitchenaid Mixer that is sure to make life easier in the kitchen for years to come! Are you excited? I know I am!
12 Fabulous Bloggers are sponsoring this giveaway and the Thanksgiving Dinner. Be sure to visit them all for some great recipes for your holiday table.
For this stop in the progressive dinner, I am sharing a great recipe for easy homemade gravy. This gravy is super-convenient because it requires no meat drippings, so you can make it ahead of time and have one less thing to worry about when you are preparing the meal!
Don’t forget to check out all the other dishes in our amazing progressive Thanksgiving dinner and enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter below!
Adapted from ChocolateMoosey.com.
Easy Homemade Gravy
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it just starts to brown.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the broth and whisk until combined.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the half and half and salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Chocolate Moosey.com.
And now for the giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Sorry, the giveaway is now over.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!