Super delicious and easy side dish for the holidays, or anytime! Your family will love the combination of sweet potatoes, white potatoes, red potatoes, and red onions roasted in garlic with olive oil and tossed with dried cranberries and pecans.
This recipe originally appeared as a contributor post on Anyonita Nibbles.
If you still need a side dish recipe for Thanksgiving, look no further! This Roasted Potato Medley is the perfect accompaniment to your Thanksgiving dinner, or any holiday dinner this season! Pair with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots for even more veggie goodness!
The potatoes turn out slightly crispy on the outside, and nice and tender on the inside. The garlic salt and cranberries play perfectly off one another, with just the right amount of saltiness and sweetness combined in each bite.
The pecans add a nice crunch, and the parsley contributes some color as well as another layer of savory flavor. This dish is a hit every time I serve it!
For another twist on a classic side dish, try out my Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips recipe. The parsnips add so much flavor to the mashed potatoes without adding any extra effort, because you treat them just like you treat the potatoes. Everyone will be raving about how much they love it!
If you really love sweet potatoes, you won't want to miss my Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes recipe. So easy and soooooo delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Roasted Potato Medley
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
📋 Recipe Card
Roasted Potato Medley
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 russet potatoes
- 3 red potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup red onion , chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup parsley , chopped
- ½ cup pecans , chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Wash and slice the potatoes into approximately 1 inch cubes. (No need to peel them.) Place the cubes in a large bowl.2 sweet potatoes, 2 russet potatoes, 3 red potatoes
- Add the olive oil and toss to coat.¼ cup olive oil
- Sprinkle the garlic salt and onion powder, and toss to coat.1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt, 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Line two baking sheets with non-stick foil (for easy clean up). Distribute half of the potato mixture in a single layer on each.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the red onion on the baking sheets, and bake about 15 more minutes.1 cup red onion
- Potatoes are done when they are tender and showing browning. You can bake until they are browned to your liking.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl, add cranberries, parsley, and pecans, and toss to combine.¾ cup dried cranberries, ¼ cup parsley, ½ cup pecans
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!
This looks so good! I will add this to my list of healthy Christmas dinner ideas for this year, Kristin! I have featured you at the Friday Favorites linky party this week. Come check it out! https://be-alice.blogspot.com/2017/12/friday-favorites-week-402.html Hope you pop by and visit again this week 🙂
Donna @ Modern on Monticello
Potatoes and craisans - two of my favorite things. I have pinned this to try later. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
Sounds delicious - and looks that way too! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!
Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook
I love the addition of dried cranberries and pecans - yum! Thanks for sharing!
Roasted Potato medley looks so good. You are very talented and your photos are very beautiful.
I love the combination of sweet and salty -this looks delicious!
These look absolutely amazing! I love potatoes.
What a delicious looking recipe! I bet the mix of flavors is delicious:)